TX guy new to the boost

This is a discussion on TX guy new to the boost within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey ya'll whats up? Wanted to say hi. I am seriously interested in subaru turbo systems. I had a 2001 ...

TX guy new to the boost

Hey ya'll whats up? Wanted to say hi. I am seriously interested in subaru turbo systems. I had a 2001 WRX for a short time, played around with a few things like Evos and stuff, but I am into project cars and one offs. I have a few, and one involves turbos. So I figure WRX people are probably the best people to talk to about that...so here I am.

That's it. See ya'll around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!

2001 WRX?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    2001 WRX?
    Must have got it from japan

My dad was an autowriter - so he got cars ahead of their release dates.

Back then I did not pay attention, so it was either the 2002 car that the manufacturer gave to the media fleet or an import that was only for media. I couldn't tell ya, since I was not into turbo cars back then, and was only starting to develop appreciation for AWD.

It really took my roommate in college getting a forester for me to start to be interested in the boxer engine and the AWD system. Subsequently I met the Subaru media rep, and she told me a lot about their new stuff and bought me drinks on 6th street, so that pretty much kept the ball rolling.