Want the WRX, but probally getting an RSX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Want the WRX, but probally getting an RSX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if its money ur worried about I would recomment the SI, it has a better engine than the RSX and ...

if its money ur worried about I would recomment the SI, it has a better engine than the RSX and its cheaper. plus I've read a LOT of good reviews about that car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    +1 but it was the ins that killed me...
    +100000

Get a really accurate insurance quote from all three because that may totally change your decision!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by ethnic6
    if its money ur worried about I would recomment the SI, it has a better engine than the RSX and its cheaper. plus I've read a LOT of good reviews about that car

They're both the same engine??

Both have K20's, just Acura has rated theirs at 201hp, and Honda 197

Thats why its a good deal, same engine, lighter car

RSX is being discontinued anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    +100000

Get a really accurate insurance quote from all three because that may totally change your decision!

Got quote on all three, the difference between the WRX and the RSX is 2 dollars for 6 months, or 4 for a year. Doesn't help make the decision any easier. SI is the cheapest insurance, by about 15 dollars. Once again, not helping

Awd>fwd
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    +100000

That was the deal breaker for me...I wanted the wrx more anyways, but the rsx-s would have run me damn near an extra $100 a month in insuarance.

awd>rwd>fred flinstone running>fwd

u know its true

rex FTW

I Support ClubWRX
    IMHO, the RSX tranny is actually weaker than the WRX tranny. Go with what your wallet can support.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Hokietuner
    They're both the same engine??

Both have K20's, just Acura has rated theirs at 201hp, and Honda 197

Thats why its a good deal, same engine, lighter car

RSX is being discontinued anyways
    You also get the factory LSD with the SI. Personally I'd take the SI over the RSX-S, but I prefer the WRX to either of them.

The whole thing about it was that I was supposed to be working this summer, now i've gotta take a stupid 3 hour credit class that I didn't take this semester that is a pre req for 4 of my classes next semester. Downside, I won't have the cash that I need either way, so hopefully my 13 will be enough for now to put down and I can another 4 over the rest of summer, and hopefully the rents will loan me the rest for the next year.

Now it's between the WRX and the GTI.

Here's what I'm looking at:
    Not planning on modding
    Maybe some looks, STI interior swap, a system, rims, that bout it

College student, so it need to be able to haul people, junk, and most importantly a skeleton sled.

WRX has a 3 body trunk, so thats a plus, but downside is the gas mileage, long hike to school, but its better then what my car gets now.

The new MKV is really sweet, nice interior, and I feel that both subaru and VW owners are different then most car owners, take a real pride in their cars. So now the question come down to money.

This is one of the hardest decisions i've ever had to make, and I feel either way i'll miss one or the other.

Looks like I have some test drives when I go home for spring break, and maybe a new car

the new mkv is not all that. it has no style what so ever. i have the best of both worlds. i drive an 05 wrx and my brother has an 05 rsx-s. he just put on the a-spec spoiler and it brings out the car. his car keeps up with me after 80, and it almost started to pull on me when we shut down. he did have the 2nd gear grind thats popular on the car, but has not had it in a while. the tranny is fine on the wrx. the ppl who abuse the living heck out of it are the ones who have probs with it. i'd rather have an rsx over a vw, scion, hyundai or the new si. the dash on the new si is by far the ugliest 2 piece thing i've ever seen. the car offers great things but i believe the rsx is much more worth it. i had a 92 civic sedan b4 my wrx so i will always love hondas. the rsx will take the si, not by much, but it will. you can always get good deals on rsx type-s's if you know how to negotiate. my .02
    chris

Good luck finding an Si for 20K... they are going to be selling for a lot more then that because the demand for them is insain.

If money is an issue go for the RSX, if not then go for the WRX, its clearly a much better car all around (besides looks of course )
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    Good luck finding an Si for 20K... they are going to be selling for a lot more then that because the demand for them is insain.

If money is an issue go for the RSX, if not then go for the WRX, its clearly a much better car all around (besides looks of course )
    See previous posts on the cost of insuring one vs the other...the WRX is cheaper to own for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by SubeN'Siren
    See previous posts on the cost of insuring one vs the other...the WRX is cheaper to own for many people.
    kind of true. my insurance is almost $150 cheaper every 6 months than my brother's rsx-s. its the awd and safety that matter to insurance and I have allstate full coverage. also, 2door cars are considered sport, i believe.
    chris

As most hear would prolly agree the res shouldn't really be on the list. Its a nice car but it isnt as nice as the si and def. not as nice as the wrx. With the civic rated at nearly the same horsepower but including an lsd for less money the rsx doesn't stand a chance. Next I also have to say that having owned a civic in the past I can personally say that the honda trannys are not their strong points and as previously stated no sports car is without any tanny trouble. Also I have a good friend who works at a nearby honda dealership and he will agree that the trannys arent the strong points. Between the si and the wrx I would personally vote for the wrx but you have to realize that on a wrx forum most of us will vite subie. Its a win win situation and I wish you luck either way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.