new white 06 wrx... new here, got plans and need advice,
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on new white 06 wrx... new here, got plans and need advice, within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, my names saeed and i just bought a brand new 06 white wrx yesterday. its my first turbo ...

new white 06 wrx... new here, got plans and need advice,

hey guys,
    my names saeed and i just bought a brand new 06 white wrx yesterday.
    its my first turbo car so im pretty excited!
    i bought it w/ the 6 cd changer and the spoiler

my plans for the car are simple:
    ~catback exhaust
    ~intake
    ~BOV

thats what i want so far, if anyone could give me good references or sites or brand they liked please let me know. im gonna do this car up right.
    thanx for any help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello and welcome.

I'm going to give you some advice, the mods you have listed will really do nothing for your car but make more noise. Yes noise can be a good thing, but horsepower is nicer.

The best exhaust piece to replace on your '06 would be the downpipe. Personally, I like the Cobb catted DP. There are many cheap catless DP's to be had.

You also should look into somesort of engine management. Cobb or TurboXS are the two biggies.

Read the stickies and search the forum quite a bit. There is good information to be had.

Enjoy the car.

BTW: Suspension mods are very nice too!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I don't even own a Subaru and I can tell you that you are going on the wrong track. Don't get an intake and definitely don't get BOV, as you are just wasting your money. Invest in a turboback exhaust (with high flow cat to be legal) and engine management to have good gains.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey welcome. Look at all the FAQ and Sticky Threads on this site and you'll learn alot.
    There are a lot of people on here who will tell you to ditch the BOV and intake. This is because its unnecessary on our cars! Use the search button too if you have any more questions.
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

ok wow, thanx guys thats why i asked. im glad u guys are honest and str8 foreward with me...i understand now that a BOV is pointless(dont know why) but i think it just sounds too nice. i can ditch the intake. i still wanna nice exhaust. if u guys can still give me brand names for these parts hat have worked for you i would appreciate it.

what mods should i also consider doing to the new 06?
    i mean the cars fast as is, and imnot rally looking for more hp increase in the parts i get. the only other part i would consider getting would be a front mount also.
    again guys thanx for all the help, u guys are really helping me ou!

and yes im a newb so dont be scared to tell me im wrong. i probably am, but thats why im here.

also, i was looking into a down pipe, so the rest is youres guys.
    now its ur turn to help me out, give me nice brands, and also helpfull websites.

I Support ClubWRX
    Down pipe
    Up Pipe
    Engine Managment (Cobb AP is easist plug and play).

I'd go with the Cobb first,
    then UP an DP,
    and last, the catback.

You will not believe how quick your car becomes with these mods, especially if you think the stock version is fast.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

i just checked cobbtuning and its pretty nice, im learning alot already.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Down pipe
    Up Pipe
    Engine Managment (Cobb AP is easist plug and play).

I'd go with the Cobb first,
    then UP an DP,
    and last, the catback.
    He has an '06 WRX, so no Up Pipe upgrade is needed - comes catless from the factory like the '04+ STI.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteWRX
    i just checked cobbtuning and its pretty nice, im learning alot already.
    Thats the good thing about owning a WRX. I have learned more about cars in the last year than ever before just by researching stuff on my car.

These guys are right, you should really look into getting some order of the following for mods. These may not give you the "visual" mod look you're looking for but overall they are the best mods you can do. The best bang for your buck.

#1 Downpipe and/or complete Turbo Back exhaust

And all the others:

Uppipe
    Engine Management (AccessPort, Unichip, Ecutek, TurboXs etc)
    Suspension (Swaybars, Springs, Strutbars usually down first in most cases)

Congrats on the new car

IMO, the best way to get any "real" power out of an '06 is with a turbo upgrade. The 2.5L motor runs to the upper end of the useful capabilities of airflow and pressure on the TD04 turbo.

1. Clean up the exhaust (Downpipe and Catback)

2. Engine management

3. Bigger turbo w/optional FMIC

This is how I would go about modding an '06. Next, there are SO many different parts to use to accomplish this, you should educate yourself to make sure that you are getting the parts that are going to fill your needs.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

[QUOTE=06WhiteWRX]
    ~catback exhaust
    ~intake
    ~BOV
    QUOTE]

that is a perfect path to be on.... mod away... no im joking, sorry. anyway, those mods listed are all pretty much pointless..... well, a catback isnt worthless because it dont add very much hp if any at all.... you need the whole turbo back...no up pipe because your 06 doesnt have a cat in the up-pipe.

[QUOTE=RexisMe]
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteWRX
    ~catback exhaust
    ~intake
    ~BOV
    QUOTE]

that is a perfect path to be on.... mod away... no im joking, sorry. anyway, those mods listed are all pretty much pointless..... well, a catback isnt worthless because it dont add very much hp if any at all.... you need the whole turbo back...no up pipe because your 06 doesnt have a cat in the up-pipe.
    so i need a catback plus an up pipe am i right? what nessasarily comes in a turbo back?
    (gosh i sound like such a newb)

[QUOTE=06WhiteWRX]
    Quote Originally Posted by RexisMe

so i need a catback plus an up pipe am i right? what nessasarily comes in a turbo back?
    (gosh i sound like such a newb)
    sorry, that was worded all wrong. please excuse me, i was a little bit inebriated (sp?) when i posted that. as others have said... most people do an up pipe down pipe and a catback. however, the 06's no longer have a cat in the up pipe, so you dont have to get an up pipe, just get a down pipe and a catback. dont be hurry to mod, get to know your car and do alot of research. you'll be suprised at all you will learn. by the way, the best mod is the driver mod...

plain and simple first power mods...

turbo back exhaust (down pipe, catback)
    engine management (cobb AP is what im biased to because its cheap, easy and well reputable)

you dont need an up pipe

do this see how you like it good platform to stand on...if you want more afterwards...then ur gonna be swapping turbos

the lil things help to like a good short shifter intake silencer delete you might wanna look into getting gauges just read all the stickys and use the search button

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.