looking to get a WRX

This is a discussion on looking to get a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, whats going on? Just signed up today, as I am looking to purchase a WRX. I test drove ...

looking to get a WRX

Hey everyone, whats going on? Just signed up today, as I am looking to purchase a WRX. I test drove a new one the other day, but I really don't know if I want to get a 2002 ish WRX or new.

If I were to get an older one, what should I look for exactly?

A little info about me, and what I want to do with the car:

I love american muscle cars (i own a 68 vette for the warm months), but I wanted to buy something that I could have fun with during the winter and as a daily driver. I'm from new jersey, so the weather sucks here most of the time with either rain or snow during the winter, and that's why I decided i wanted a fun AWD car.

I heard good things about the WRX's and decided thats the route I most likely want to take.

Thanks for any help and info!

Kosta

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey man good choice on the WRX to let you know theres a whole thread dedicated to car purchasing it gives tips as to what to look for and what to stay away from...i highly suggest you use the search button before creating a new thread alot of the other members answer the questions your probably gonna ask over and over again...so yea try the search...

but to answer your question in my opinion...if your going the used route and purchasing a 2002-2004 model this is what i think you should do...first decide the type pf body you like..2002-2003 wrxs are bugeyed and 2004-2005 are blobeyed just look at them you will see..

before you ever buy a used car, dealership or private party get a carfax and look at the title make sure its clean and free of accidents...

i highly suggest you buy a car that has not been modified...WITH ANYTHING not because they have hurt the car but more because its a sign as to how the previous owner drove it...stock is always the best

before you think your buying a stock car inspect yourself when you look at it look at the intake and the intercooler see if it looks like any bolts or screws are missing...sure sign its been modified and put back to stock, look for any kind of leaks...when you test drive it you want to do a cold start see what the engine sounds like...try out any and everything...radio, AC, heater, power windows, CD player...all the goodies they should all work

have a mechanic look at it and have a compression test done to it this way you know everything is right...if the previous owner wont let you...walk away immediately and dont hesitate to call them a liar because that is what they are...if theres truly nothing wrong with the car they shouldnt have a problem letting a mechanic look at it

dont settle for the first seemingly good deal..and be willing to travel to places to get the one you realy want...its your money be smart about how u spend it

when you get your car stay away from cold air intakes and blow off valves and if you dont want to...atleast dont ask about them...use the search
    Last edited by black-boxer429; 02-07-2006 at 02:16 PM.