Where can I get a standard WRX?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Where can I get a standard WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello guys & gals: I'm not quite a new member (joined in 2002), but I don't post much. I've been ...

Question Where can I get a standard WRX?

Hello guys & gals:

I'm not quite a new member (joined in 2002), but I don't post much. I've been dreaming of WRX since its introduction in U.S. since 2002. Never thought my wife would let me get one.

Recently my Honda Pilot (my 2-year-old baby hauler) got minor damaged (hit & run) while parked in the city, so it needs to be taken to bodyshop for a week at least. My wife thought maybe it's time to retire her 2001 Mazda Miata daily commuter & replace it w/ MY dream car... a WRX. This way we would still be able to go around (especially if there were any emergency situation) while the Pilot is being fixed.

"Woo hoo!!!" I thought. My dream is coming true!

We went for a test drive in a TR. My wife doesn't care for the TR model (front seats, stereo, manual climate control knobs, no side skirts & fogs, and etc.). She likes Steel Gray Metallic & WR Blue Pearl colors, but our Pilot & Miata are both blue. So was our old Audi A4. It's time for a change... we will pick the Steel Gray.

The salesman said there isn't ANY standard WRX available in the whole California. What?! Even the Limited WRX are "limited". There was one Crystal Gray Metallic Limited WRX in the lot, but we both don't really like it because it looks like silver. Plus, I don't really care for leather seats & sunroof. The salesman suggested us to order the car and it would take about 8 weeks. We said we would think about it & we left.

After I got home, I searched Subaru's website for inventory. There REALLY isn't ANY standard WRX in California! Well... I found one WR Blue standard WRX about 80 miles down south from where I live. What's up w/ that?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I recently went to a few dealerships and they had plenty of WRX but no STI. =/

I live in IL,USA and we have a 06 grey WRX on the lot and a blue TR out back but they wouldnt let us test drive either. >< How the hell am I going to be sure the car is EXACLY what I'm looking for if I never get to drive one!

Also he said it would take 2 weeks tops to get a car from a different state to Illinois but i believe there was an extra fee for it if it was out of state, about $600 I think it was.

BTW, one of the salesman was very rude and started to talk about how EVO was like a catholic school girl that doesnt want to get deflowered...who the hell talks about that in a dealership. I would never buy a car from a guy that rips on other cars that much. He has no respect for finely build machines.
    Last edited by viperuws; 02-06-2006 at 05:48 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had this problem when I went to buy mine about 3 months ago. There were no plane wrx's from hear to new york (I live in md). So after being ****ed around by one dealer I went 40 miles away and bought a WRB Limited that was on the lot.

For some reason it doesnt appear that SOA or the dealers are ordering a TON of reg. wrx's. I guess they thing people will either spend the money on the LTD or want the cheap TR. My suggestion to you is that if the LTD is in your price range and there is one close go sit in it and test drive it. I was thrilled about the leather until I sat in the seats. They are heated so that's nice in the cold months and in the summer you may want to invest in some window tinting.

As for ordering a car I'd check this site and Nasioc for other peoples results. Some have waited several months for there wrx's to come in.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    As for ordering a car I'd check this site and Nasioc for other peoples results. Some have waited several months for there wrx's to come in.
    That's why I left after the salesman suggested it.

I was going to order but my local dealership couldn't get me the price I wanted and they pretty much refused to help me find a car any farther than 100 miles away. So I took matters into my own hands and found a WRB Wagon about 200 miles away. The dealer was cool so I bought the car without ever seeing it.

I don't know exactly what the problem is with Subaru right now. They seem to be pushing the TR and the Limited big time and they are not supplying very many Regular WRXs. I've heard from some that it is a production issue but I was under the impression that it should have been taken care of by this time.

Anyway, the point is, if you want something specific, it seems like the only option is to order a car or search it out yourself and probably travel a great distance to obtain it.
    Hard work pays off in the long run but procrastination pays off now.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon - stock
    1991 Dark Emerald Green Mustang LX 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SubeStang
    search it out yourself and probably travel a great distance to obtain it.
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but I only found ONE WR Blue standard WRX in the whole CA. I also checked out Reno & Carson City in NV but they don't seem to have what I'm looking for either. This sucks!

I contacted Subaru of America regarding this matter. Someone from Customer/Dealer Services Department replied that they (standard WRXs) are somewhat hard to find, but not impossible to find. He also offered to find the specific one (color, options, etc.) I'm looking for. Let's see what he could find for me...

I don't understand why it is hard to find the WRX that you are looking for. It may be that there are not many standard WRXs out there, but I doubt it. More likely, the salesman just wanted you to buy one of the cars already on the lot. I had no problem from the dealership that I went to locating the WRX that I wanted. They didn't charge me for having it brought up from Seattle (I live 90 miles north of Seattle) and it really was quick and painless. There are companies and dealerships that will locate the car that you want. Any good dealer will make sure that you get the car that you want. The key is to know exactly what you want before you even walk in the door and the price that you are prepared to pay. Don't settle for anything that you don't want, and don't pay a dime more than you want.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    I don't understand why it is hard to find the WRX that you are looking for. It may be that there are not many standard WRXs out there, but I doubt it. More likely, the salesman just wanted you to buy one of the cars already on the lot.
    Not always. GraysonSubaru searched the entire east coast for the car I wanted and found 1! He is no where near me and knew it was very unlikely that I would ever go to him to buy a car.

Point is, the regulars are tough to come by.
    Last edited by SubeStang; 02-07-2006 at 11:31 AM.
    Hard work pays off in the long run but procrastination pays off now.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon - stock
    1991 Dark Emerald Green Mustang LX 5.0

I found out there's NO standard WRX in CA, NV, OR, nor AZ. Should I order one or just get TR? Dealers say it should take 8 weeks to get it after ordering but NOT guaranteed. I know some people are still waiting... waiting... and waiting after more than 3 months ordering. What should I do?

Exclamation May be able to help???

Quote Originally Posted by Fendyman
    I found out there's NO standard WRX in CA, NV, OR, nor AZ. Should I order one or just get TR? Dealers say it should take 8 weeks to get it after ordering but NOT guaranteed. I know some people are still waiting... waiting... and waiting after more than 3 months ordering. What should I do?

If you are interested, I happen to own a silver WRX (with a new transmission) with Dark Tinted windows, and new catback exhaust. Also has new 17" aluminum wheels with brand new tires. STI short throw shifter too, otherwise stock. It is a very sharp car. But unfortunately I have to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by grinchslilbro
    If you are interested, I happen to own a silver WRX (with a new transmission) with Dark Tinted windows, and new catback exhaust. Also has new 17" aluminum wheels with brand new tires. STI short throw shifter too, otherwise stock. It is a very sharp car. But unfortunately I have to sell.
    Thanks for the offer but I'm ONLY interested in NEW 06 WRX in Steel Gray Metallic. As I mentioned earlier, I don't even like Crystal Gray Metallic because it looks like SILVER... that's out least favorite color. Sorry but no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by grinchslilbro
    Thanks for the offer but I'm ONLY interested in NEW 06 WRX in Steel Gray Metallic. As I mentioned earlier, I don't even like Crystal Gray Metallic because it looks like SILVER... that's our least favorite color. Sorry but no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendyman
    If you just take the TR you are settling for the car you don't really want. The perks of buying a new car is getting the exact car you want. I ordered my regular WRX the day after Halloween and got it on Jan 2. it wouldn't be so bad but the shipping company lied about the delivery date and it was a week later than it should have been. Now that it is sitting in my garage it was worth the wait.

After days of consideration, I decided to go w/ TR.

The front seats of TR actually look NICER than the ones in standard WRX (from pics). OEM stereo sucks anyway (both single CD & 6-discs CD changer), I would probably get an aftermarket unit & upgrade the speakers as well. I could live w/ MANUAL climate control. The side skirts are nice BUT not all that, w/o them actually reminds me of JDM Spec C. OEM fogs are USELESS (my sister-in-law has them on her Legacy wagon), again w/o them looks more like STI.

Now, only if I could find a TR w/ spoiler ONLY & w/o other craps I don't need. Let the search begin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast