Performance, stock looking axleback?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Performance, stock looking axleback? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I have a stage 2 STi, and want my car to look as stock as possible. I was wondering ...

Performance, stock looking axleback?

Hello, I have a stage 2 STi, and want my car to look as stock as possible. I was wondering if there were any axleback exhausts that yall know of (I already have a downpipe), that look stock for the STi. This means singletip. It also needs to sound good, bring out the boxer sound and not sound rice. Can yall help me out by either suggestions or links please?
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check out www.oakos.com they have a couple different axle backs. But really you'd probably be just fine with your stock STI exhaust.
    -Jordon
    New EnglandF4
    EJ257/18G 365hp/355trq

Yes, I understand. I just want something not too loud but that brings out a little noise. Something under $200 for an axleback..

My mods

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    Yes, I understand. I just want something not too loud but that brings out a little noise. Something under $200 for an axleback..
    Your not gonna find any axleback for under $200 bucks.
    -Jordon
    New EnglandF4
    EJ257/18G 365hp/355trq

Ok, i'll have to search for used ones then....

But I still would like for yall to name a few that look stock, if you could please..That would help me out tremendously

My mods

I Support ClubWRX
    I've been looking at dual tips (i.e. borla Hush) and that's what I plan to go with (Cat back not axle back). I like the stockish apperance of the dual tips and they arent really loud either.

As for single tips I'd suggest you look at the evo2 (not much of a melon launcher but sizealbe compared to stock). In engine performance there is a thread with exhaust notes/clips might want to read through that.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I would suggest that you get a Prodrive axelback. Good sound, many people have one and like it.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    I would suggest that you get a Prodrive axelback. Good sound, many people have one and like it.
    I was going to suggest the same axleback. Many people have and love it for the deep sound and stockish looking tip. The tip comes in an oval or round shape.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.