V8 guy....new to WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on V8 guy....new to WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by P8baller07 Yeah if you're looking for a gas saving eco car as a DD, lol i'd be ...

Quote Originally Posted by P8baller07
    Yeah if you're looking for a gas saving eco car as a DD, lol i'd be looking at different cars.
    i wasn't looking for an eco car. I wanted something FUN and got better mileage than what i get now. I decided to pass on a 2nd car. Instead I'm saving up for my stroker motor for the Camaro. LS2 402

Still would love to get a WRX some day, maybe an STi, if they can improve the looks a bit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

true, our cars dont get mileage to write home about. but i assure you it is better than what he is getting on his Z28!

i can answer your question truthfully and honestly:

i used to run a big V8 too ( '62 t-bird with the m-code 6-pack under the hood ) and i got 3mpg.
    anyways, that was a long time ago.

i bought my '06 wrx wagon on autotrader for $22.5k with 2100 miles on it. so i think i got a hell of a deal. I have a 65 mile commute one way, monday through friday, i try to drive as conservative as possible, but i always get that urge to have a little fun. or a lot of fun... a lot..

at my absolute worst, after driving all day on back-roads breaking speed limits all day long, i got about 16mpg lol. when i drive conservative the entire time i can get close to 25mpg.

with the mix of conservative and fun driving ( including a canyon run usually once a day [hey, its on the way there ] ) i can average about 20-22mpg.

i agree in saying that this isnt the best daily driver, but it is my only car now, and i wouldnt have it any other way. ( for now )
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Thats what I get in my Z28

I get 23 MPG if i drive normal in my mix of city and freeway driving on my way to work/school Almost 100 miles perday. keep in mind my car is a automatic

Most people with Z28 that have 6 speed manuals get 28-30 MPG on long interstate freeway trips
    2000 Z28 MTI clear lid, K&N Filter, Larger Blure MAF ends, SLP Smooth bellows, Camaro SS catback with cut out, Tubular rear lower control arms, 13.3@106 and 316 RWHP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.