Prospective Subaru Owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Prospective Subaru Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings, everyone. Well, I've been researching the Impreza for quite some time, now. I've read tons of owner reviews from ...

Prospective Subaru Owner

Greetings, everyone.

Well, I've been researching the Impreza for quite some time, now. I've read tons of owner reviews from Edmunds, reasearched the car continuously on several internet sites, and read tons of editorial daily from Modified Mag, Import Tuner, and other sources.

From all the benefits of the AWD to the already turbo charged car, I've come to think this is exactly what I've been searching for. A year to be exact.

I've researched a mess of cars...from the Fairlady, to the 3k GTO, to the GSX, Mr2, RX7FD, Sefiro ( I actually found one), 1.8T Gti ( a friend of mine kind of inspired me) 2.5RS (so hard to find I gave up) . You'll notice most of which I've observed are turbocharged, or run rear or all wheel drive. Problem with most of these cars are extremely limited quantities, molested examples, untasteful modification, slavaged or worse.

The Impreza (02') really pulled a number on me, though. I stopped to think that owning a WRX is gowing to alter my incentive from 'travel' to 'fun!'. So... I drove over to Big Valley Subaru in Van Nuys a week ago and test drove a used 02 with a friend of mine. Considering three people were in the car, it drove well. It's stock suspension was agile around the corner, and acceleration is smug at start, but peppy at high end. I liked it a lot..and the fact it's only an 02 really put it's foot in my door. I'm highly considering buying this car. I'm 21, work, and will be attending college again in summer(time off). I'm going to find a good used example around 16-17k and hope to spend no more than 300 a month. I think it's haggling time, baby.

My previous cars were 93 Integra, 87 Mr2, 80 Rx7, 86 Corolla.

Oh, and nice to meet everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats (in advance) and welcome to the club!
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

Welcome. Im in the same position

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.