what does everyone think of new 06 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on what does everyone think of new 06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up I have never owned a wrx but have always loved the way that they look. I was wondering ...

what does everyone think of new 06 WRX

Whats up I have never owned a wrx but have always loved the way that they look. I was wondering what people option is on the 06 WRX. IE ( Good and bad points to the WRX)

Thanks for the help with this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Welcome to the club!

Rather than ask a question like that, you really should search around here for that info. It will not take long to find.

Me? I really like the bigger wheels, brakes, and engine. I really do not like the front end (oh, that grill) except for the headlights.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not a fan of the 06 grille or tail lights but otherwise I like the improvements. Get an STI if you can swing the payments.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Welcome to the club

The '06 has grown on me alot. Subaru seemed to buff out a lot of things with the '06.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

06 still hasn't grown on to me. I don't think it will ever. It's likes looking at an acne covered face girl and staring at her will make her beautiful in time. Will never happen.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Like parts

While I do like the more pwer, better brakes and wheels I really do not like the 2 tone interior. Makes it look to cheap to me.

I like the '06 a lot more in person than I do in photos.

Also, FWIW, Consumer Reports just did a review of the '06 Impreza. They hammered it pretty bad for its "interior quality." I never found the interiors of the Impreza to be poor.

They also bashed the WRX's handling, saying that the rear swung out too easily.

I like the new styling. I wasn't a fan at first but the addition of many upgrades in 06 pulled me through and now I really like it.
    Hard work pays off in the long run but procrastination pays off now.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon - stock
    1991 Dark Emerald Green Mustang LX 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SubeStang
    I like the new styling. I wasn't a fan at first but the addition of many upgrades in 06 pulled me through and now I really like it.
    I sat in an '06 STi and the view out was much cooler than what it is in my '05. Maybe it's just me, but I thought the seats were lower, and I seemed to get a really cool view out over the hood and over the scoop. I felt like I was in a sports coupe.

i hated the styling until i saw it in person - and once i drove it back to back with an '05 the choice was clear - i bought the '06.

the '06 taillights are terrible though (on black) - but nothing you can't fix with a quick taillight swap for a sat of '04/'05s:
    after on top, stock '06 lights on the bottom
    2006 WRX TR
    cobb sport springs / cobb catback exhaust / other stuff...

http://static.flickr.com/49/138745946_b3a485eccb_o.jpg

Smile

I just picked one up a little over a week ago and I think it's an awesome ride. It's smarter for me since I'll save a lot of money on insurance when compared to the STI.

I know the front end is a little out there for some people and it's growing on others but it's cool enough for me. I can't wait to get some new parts and accessories so hopefully this will be a good place to get some tips.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

No it's not an STi, it's a WRX...

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    It's likes looking at an acne covered face girl and staring at her will make her beautiful in time. Will never happen.
    "acne covered face girl" That is one crazy analogy.

The '06 are teh Butteyes!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Thanks for all the great info. Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the front end either. And I wish that I could afford the STI but that is way to much out of my budget at this time. I am just tring to get all the info that I can on the 06 to see if this is the car that I really want to get my hands on. At first I was debating on either 05 SRT-4, 06 WRX or 06 Civic. But I am really look toward that 06 WRX.

I don't even notice the taillights on the '06s being much different, but then again, I haven't really paid them any attention. I don't like the ones on the "bottom car" in the photo though.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

06 taillights look ricey to me.
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.