what does everyone think of new 06 WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on what does everyone think of new 06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got mine yesterday and am pretty happy w/ it, yeah the front a lot different form the previouse ...

i just got mine yesterday and am pretty happy w/ it, yeah the front a lot different form the previouse generations, but i think subaru is trying to make all their cars look more luxurious. i wasnt too crazy about the front end either, but i guess like everyone else, itll grow on me. i mean its still a great car, and just because the front end look s lil weird i still dont regret gettin one. i wouldnt ever get a used WRX.... cnat imagine how badly the ownder dogged it.... brand new cras is the way to go!
    Last edited by 06WhiteWRX; 02-08-2006 at 04:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteWRX
    i wouldnt ever get a used WRX.... cnat imagine how badly the ownder dogged it.... brand new cras is the way to go!
    If you know how to properly examine used cars, you can get so much more value for your dollar than when purchasing new. A few simple checks is all you really have to do. Granted, buying new is easier.

Nothing against buying new; I've certainly done my share of that. But I've also had some great experiences with used cars. I could dredge up ancient history and make a list, but the two most recent used purchases ('91 MR2 Turbo and my current car, an '02 WRX wagon) turned out great. To be honest, I'm probably done buying new cars as my personal vehicle for the foreseeable future.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Got my blue '06 in early Jan. To say the least, I wouldn't mind sticking a bugeye front end on. Nevertheless, it's still a very purdy car (I like this style over blobeyes, kekeke). And I do like the clear tail lights--I guess I stand alone on that one.

And for the longest time, I didn't know the '06 had only two cats. I was considering an uppipe for a first mod.

I am most likely going to by one this summer so I am tring to get all the info on this car as possible and tring to get people options on them as well. So I thank everyone so far on the feedback that I have been given. And look forward to more feedback on this car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud
    Got my blue '06 in early Jan. To say the least, I wouldn't mind sticking a bugeye front end on.
    Wow, we should make you an honorary member of the Bugeye Mafia or something.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by '05 STi
    I like the '06 a lot more in person than I do in photos.

Also, FWIW, Consumer Reports just did a review of the '06 Impreza. They hammered it pretty bad for its "interior quality." I never found the interiors of the Impreza to be poor.

They also bashed the WRX's handling, saying that the rear swung out too easily.

The interior isn't bad but the back end *does* swing out pretty damn easy on my 06' wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Wow, we should make you an honorary member of the Bugeye Mafia or something.
    Can't deny it, they are sexy.

Upside: I like the performance and exterior of the 06 over the older ones. The 2.5 feels like it pulls harder and the wheels, brakes, tires(?), steering response, and shorter throws are much improved. The car seems a bit more solid now, and they finally don't have that weird cruise control with the button way out of the way. I'm not really into that sort of thing, but the e-break is closer to the driver now and the control seems a bit shorter than before. I'm still undecided on the taillights but I like the front end's sleekness and smaller hoodscoop better. It sort of resembles a BMW 5 series now.

Downside: I wish I still had my 04 interior instead of the 06 TR. Stock stereo isn't that great on either of them, but having a 6 disk changer was nice. It's either my imagination or the new DBW throttle, but the older ones had better pedal feel with the aluminum. I like the molded seats from the older ones and regular WRX over the TR's, and wish my steering wheel/handbrake/shift knob were still wrapped in real leather instead of the look-alike stuff. My hands feel like they sweat a lot more with the plastic. Iím pretty sure the regular WRX still has the decent interior from the older models. I think they should have kept with straight black interior rather than making it two-tone, but that's probably just being picky.

Itís kind of a nitpicky weird complaint, but I like the old keys better when they didnít have the engine-enabler (not sure if thatís what itís called). The new keys are really bulky feeling to me. Oh, and my new floormats donít say WRX anymoreÖ
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

If you're going back and forth between an '06 and an earlier model, the best thing to do (duh) is to drive 'em both! I love the feel of the '06 - the power increase and torque increase are awesome, and I like the idea that my 2.5l engine has more expandability than a 2.0.
    But, if that's worth the extra $$ is a big matter of opinion.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123