what does everyone think of new 06 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on what does everyone think of new 06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I love the 06s. I think they would look even better wingless, and a FMIC, with reverse intake hood, to ...

I love the 06s. I think they would look even better wingless, and a FMIC, with reverse intake hood, to show off the new nose. It would even better with a grill that was continous all the way across.
    like this( this might make a good blackout mod):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG   after.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i really dislike the grill.

not really a fan of the tail lights either

Quote Originally Posted by jay3737
    i hated the styling until i saw it in person - and once i drove it back to back with an '05 the choice was clear - i bought the '06.

the '06 taillights are terrible though (on black) - but nothing you can't fix with a quick taillight swap for a sat of '04/'05s:
    after on top, stock '06 lights on the bottom
    That makes a HUGE difference on the rear end. front end just needs the amber lens removed from the headlights a la JDM and it'll look a lot better as well.

06 WRX comes well equipped to do battle... and it'll make a hell of a rally car with the 4 pot brakes in place so you can bolt up 15" gravel rally wheels and tires, and the 2.5L engine for the much needed torque. Not to mention it should be great for rallyX and autoX.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    06 still hasn't grown on to me. I don't think it will ever. It's likes looking at an acne covered face girl and staring at her will make her beautiful in time. Will never happen.
    What if she is really good in bed?
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I Support ClubWRX
    The mechanical improvements are great, and the interior of the '05 and up cars is head and shoulders above the previous years. Having said that, the new styling just doesn't say "WRX" to me, yet. It'll probably be a model year or two before I really get used to the grill and lights.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Honestly, I was greatly disappointed with the new WRXs, from 04 and up. The reason for it was that in the US, they don't support the bug eye fog lights like in the previous models. This is supposed to a be a rally racer, not a luxery sedan. So what is the deal with the tiny fog lights on the 04-06 models? I know, we can get the parts from Japan and change it, but that should not be necessary...

All in all, I still like the looks on the 04-05 better than the new 06. Guess I am like everyone else, not too crazy about the front grill, especially those teeny little fog lights...

I Support ClubWRX
    Teh '06? Meh...not a fan.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Teh '06? Meh...not a fan.
    Liar!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Liar!
    With small fog lights, how could I be happy?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal
    Honestly, I was greatly disappointed with the new WRXs, from 04 and up. The reason for it was that in the US, they don't support the bug eye fog lights like in the previous models. This is supposed to a be a rally racer, not a luxery sedan. So what is the deal with the tiny fog lights on the 04-06 models? I know, we can get the parts from Japan and change it, but that should not be necessary...
    +1 the tiny fog lights look wierd in a space that looks like it was designed for the larger fogs. That is cool you can still pick up the larger ones to put in their. I was thinking of looking into this at some point in the future.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Yeah, it took me a while to find a trust worthy supplier to get me the JDM fog lights for the STi. I gotta say, it looks so much better than the one that they have in the US.

Don't know what the hell the people in the US were thinking when they took that out. Everyone else in the world uses the big fog lights, only the US has the small ones.

Go figure...

I like it so much I bought one myself.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpainted
    I like it so much I bought one myself.

Congratulations on your purchase of an Edsel-eye!!

j/k...looks great and welcome aboard!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I am not a big fan of the front grill but I love the car. And were I live trying to find an 04 or 05 in good shape is like finding a 94 supra with the 2JZ engine for under 20,000. Damn near impossible

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.