just bought an 06 sti

This is a discussion on just bought an 06 sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well a couple of months ago. but ive been browsing this forum over a year now. i was gonna buy ...

just bought an 06 sti

well a couple of months ago. but ive been browsing this forum over a year now. i was gonna buy a wrx but since the promotion i bought an sti. any advice to the new purchase. looking to upgrade suspension
    i use to working on toyotas. my family is a toyota family. i decided to break away from toyotas this time. my first car was a 84 celica gts. then i upgraded to 2001 celica gts. now i have the sti. from $700 car to a $25000 car to a $36000 car. the sti was my first true purchase.(under my name and my bills).
    both celicas i shared the bills with my parents. i still have both old cars by the way. could not get the courage to sell them.

quite an upgrade between the three. although im still not use to the understeer the STI has compared to my 01 celica gts. the radius on the celica is unmatchable to any car. it goes where you wanna go. and even though its an FF and handled like an FR. it was really easy to swing the back end. was there, just not the power i was looking for. but it was pretty good for an NA.

celica mods:
    headers
    CAI
    skunk2 coilovers with kyb AGXs
    had an exhaust but it was too heavy, and brought too much attention so went back to stock.

right now i want to upgrade the suspension with the STI
    but im afraid of devaluing the car. i waited 4 years before i change the suspension on the celica because of that. i know when lowering the car you put more stress on the chassis of the car giving it more NVH will eventually decrease the life of other thinks on the car because of vibration. im just wondering how much of an effect on the cars life it would have if i upgraded the suspension? keep in mind i like stiff suspensions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The STI has more understeer than your Celica? That's kind of weird. Anyway, welcome to the club.

sharper turning radius. also its FF

Quote Originally Posted by jollib
    . also its FF
    fast and furious?

Quote Originally Posted by RexisMe
    fast and furious?
    front engine front wheel drive = FF

I haven't personaly heard about any real problems after mods are done to suspension or even the problems you described. My friend had a VW golf with very stiff and low suspension and it was never replaced for about 6 years? Maybe a few adjustments but other then that no damage caused by it. He did have lots of supercharger problems though that has no connection with the suspension.

Hopefully someone that has had a WRX with a stiffer suspension for awhile can tell you if maybe the WRX has some restrictions to it but from what I hear the majority of people do lower their cars because the WRX is so high off the ground.

Best suspension upgrade is JDM Pinks/Grp N tophats/RCE camber plates...

see www.racecompengineering.com for package deals.

Also look at a bigger front sway bar - Cobb and Whiteline make good ones.
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

Welcome. Nice purchase. I am surprised with the history you speak of that there is not a TT Supra in there somewhere!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Congrats on the purchase and welcome
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

actually my 84 gts is called a celica supra. too bad its not turbo. it has the 105 hp 22RE truck motor also found int the same year toyota truck. the other toyota we have is a 75 corolla aka mango. its my dads project car. and has been for about as long as i can remember. we bought that from a family friend for $500. ive also worked with AE86s. you know that car that everyone is hyped up because of initial D and drifting. well my uncle and cousin have many of them. my uncle is the original owner of his first one. and 3rd of his second bought the first one in 85 and the second one in 90. cousin got his in 2000. and mind this before drifting they cost 900 to 1100 dollars. now they could go as much as 5500 used, which i think is too much. ive always like the ae86 hatch, but nowadays i dont think id pay the price people are charging. thanks alot drifters, jp. well hopefully when the fad dies out i could get one. i actually am lookin for a 72 celica supra. i love that body style. it reminds me of classic musle cars but japanese style.

oh yeah and i have df210 with the 1.3f/.8r drop which i was trying to sell. will those work will with the group n top hats and rce camberplates with stock struts. the spring rates are almost the same df210 are a little stiffer though which i like but dont know how well the combination will do