Allow me to formally introduce myself
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Allow me to formally introduce myself within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, all. I'm a long time fan of Subarus (well, long enough, really, I'm not a very old person) and ...

Allow me to formally introduce myself

Hello, all.

I'm a long time fan of Subarus (well, long enough, really, I'm not a very old person) and came very close to buying one in 2004, but I just couldn't get the numbers to work out (instead of a 5 speed WRX Wagon, I ended up with an automatic Volkswagen Passat 1.8T--not that I don't love the car, it's just not as fun as the Subaru would have been). In any case, back to who I am, and what I hope to bring to the forums.

I'm a writer for Automobear.com, I have a column entitled Rundown with Raza; some of you may know of our little website, but if you don't feel free to check it out at any time (please don't think this spam, we're not vendors of anything except our own magazine). We're a small group of enthusiastic writers and enthusiasts.

I hope to be calm and coolheaded in our discussions here, and I hope to bring viewpoints that maybe some of you hadn't thought of or seen before.

In any case, I am shopping for a car to replace my Volkswagen in the coming months, between the WRX Limited, STI, GTO, 330i, Evo IX, Elise, and a few others. I'm quite eclectic. Any help in this decision would be lovely.

Raza
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    04 VW Passat 1.8T
    Looking to replace with 06 WRX Limited

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard, You got a nice list of cars, with some being very different from the others.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Get an Elise, but keep the VW. I don't think the Elise would make everyday car. If I got one, and got a big dent from a 3 year old at the grocery store, I would probally have to see a shrink.

Welcome to the club

You have a very tough decision, lots of big contenders. Best of luck!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Get an Elise, but keep the VW. I don't think the Elise would make everyday car. If I got one, and got a big dent from a 3 year old at the grocery store, I would probally have to see a shrink.
    The problem is that I can't afford to keep both. I've driven the Elise, and I think I can pull it off as an everyday car, for the most part. It's remarkably easy to drive, however it is quite harsh.
    04 VW Passat 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    Welcome to the club

You have a very tough decision, lots of big contenders. Best of luck!
    Hey, any tough decision that ends with a very fast car is the kind of tough decision that I like to make!
    04 VW Passat 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Hey, any tough decision that ends with a very fast car is the kind of tough decision that I like to make!
    I wish I had the same difficult decisions to make that you have
    Personaly it would be between the EVO, STi, and Elise. Which ever you pick, you've got a winner.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    I wish I had the same difficult decisions to make that you have
    you pick, you've got a winner.
    Best problem ever.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

welcome! I just purchased an EVO IX MR. Best of all worlds, daily drivability, incredible performance, well mannered, and a full backseat and trunk.
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    welcome! I just purchased an EVO IX MR. Best of all worlds, daily drivability, incredible performance, well mannered, and a full backseat and trunk.
    I like the MRs but if I were to buy an Evo, it would be the IX with the Sun, Leather, and Sound package (and Vortex Generators).
    04 VW Passat 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    I like the MRs but if I were to buy an Evo, it would be the IX with the Sun, Leather, and Sound package (and Vortex Generators).
    I thought about it, but I prefer the Alcantara/leather combo, and the stereo will be upgraded eventually.. The HIDs are worth it and the suroof is cool, but I didn't want the extra weight up top. The MR has the alum roof and doors, Forged BBS wheels, Bilstien struts, 6sp, ... Just what I wanted.

You really think you'd want the Elise year round?
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    I thought about it, but I prefer the Alcantara/leather combo, and the stereo will be upgraded eventually.. The HIDs are worth it and the suroof is cool, but I didn't want the extra weight up top. The MR has the alum roof and doors, Forged BBS wheels, Bilstien struts, 6sp, ... Just what I wanted.

You really think you'd want the Elise year round?
    I live in the Northeast, so it would be tough, but I'm crazy enough to do it.

If they sold the Evo MR with a sunroof, I'd jump on it. Same thing with the STI. That's why I'm wavering on the STI and GTO.
    04 VW Passat 1.8T

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.