Potential Future WRX owner

This is a discussion on Potential Future WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everyone, Iv been thinking of getting a WRX for a while now, but im still not sure, i love ...

Potential Future WRX owner

Hey Everyone, Iv been thinking of getting a WRX for a while now, but im still not sure, i love RWD cars (especially the supra) but AWD seems just as fun, and if i do get a WRX this will be my first car,( im turning 17 in a few months) you think that "oh hes a newb driver" well maybe i am, but iv had my share of experiance driving, now the first time i ever started driving was off roading, in the dunes with my dads toyota pickup(manual) and i still go off roading to this day, hauling ass in his frontier in the dirt is fun but i never really had a experiance On road as much, but i heard praticing in a private parking lot is a good place, i have a basic idea on how to drive but off roading and on road are VERY different but the basic idea of how to drive is somewhat the same. i have also drivin my bros 3000gt and my friends WRX, they say im a good driver, and i have always hada passion about cars and tuning them up(heck i even help my friend with some projects on his WRX) so in conclusion, im not sure what i want. =P any advice is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My advice is to get a honda civic or camry and learn to drive on the road first. Driving off road you main goal is to have fun and get to point a to point b....

Driving on the highway your main goal is to survive your stupid doings and other peoples stupid doings. There are several different parameters of "driving"

Get something cheap, reliable, and semi industructable. Then work your way up.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Honestly i don't wanna start anything but i was 16 and a terrible driver many years ago and having a wrx as a first car is not a good idea. Get something u can hit a tree with live and then not worry about. Ps i hope u don't hit a tree.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

I don't think I could have hit a tree and lived in my first car...but with great power comes great responsability. That quote is accualy true in this case so you don't kill yourself. I am still in the "must break my car in any way possible" mode and my car is probably crying. Might as well try to get some of it out of my system before I get a car over 200 hp. I would recomend the same for any teen that's starting to drive.

FYI: I was a person that called people stupid for driving fast and even 1 mph above the speedlimit...now I'm not exactly the best driver. Not saying you're like me but if adrenaline influenced me, a computer nerd that is paranoid of cops, it can influence anyone!

ugh i hate honda civics, but i dont really plan on driving like a maniac, but yea i rather drive safely then risk my life losing it to a tree, or losing my license, but thnx for the advice tho, helped me out!

Well think about the poor tree everytime u hit that go pedal.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    Well think about the poor tree everytime u hit that go pedal.

well i dont intend to crash into a tree, pfft the tree can survive, they dont need life insurance