Proud New STi Owner!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

This is a discussion on Proud New STi Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, not too long ago I had a Celica, but was hit by some one that was DUI and my ...

  1. #1
    Registered User V8This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71

    Proud New STi Owner!

    Well, not too long ago I had a Celica, but was hit by some one that was DUI and my car was totalled. I had a temp car (Integra and man was it a pos), but now everything has settled and I picked this up a few days ago!

    2006 Aspen White STi!







    Also, here are a few pics of my old Celica...

    Before the accident:


    After the accident:

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User UofAWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,123
    hmm STi are hot, your celica definitly looked alot nicer before the accident, like the lambos
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

    Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

  4. #3
    Registered User ScoobVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,900
    Nice suby, hope you can handle it....coming out of a Celica and all And barely being able to legally buy tobacco products
    - Local Riceist

  5. #4
    Registered User V8This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Nice suby, hope you can handle it....coming out of a Celica and all
    Celica was about ready for boost... I've had my fair share of power. My family owns a speed shop and we have had a built TT viper, TT Supra that was turned into a big single turbo, and a few other cars. I've pretty much driven all the cars that we have had that had big power. I plan on modding the STi to make it faster, cause while it is much fast than the Celica, I've gotten used to the power and want more.

  6. #5
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,907
    congrats on the new car, please don't put doors like that on the suby.

  7. #6
    Registered User V8This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    congrats on the new car, please don't put doors like that on the suby.
    Don't worry that will never happen. I don't like how vertical doors look on most cars. I like how they look on a Celica and then most convertables, but that's about it. My main focus on the STi is speed.

  8. #7
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,907
    Cool, glad to hear it.

  9. #8
    Registered User ScoobVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    I've had my fair share of power.

    With 2-3yrs of real world driving experience ? I highly doubt it. Im just saying to be careful with it.
    - Local Riceist

  10. #9
    Registered User V8This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    With 2-3yrs of real world driving experience ? I highly doubt it. Im just saying to be careful with it.
    I've been driving cars since I was 14. Of course this was around my family's shop and the lot in front of the shop. As for driving them in the "real world", if you aren't an idiot and constantly revving the car up there is no problem. I generally shift between 2500 and 3000 rpms. Driving the car like that, shouldn't bring any problems my way...

  11. #10
    Registered User Wrx BriT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    on t3h computer.
    Posts
    2,337
    Good call on getting the STi. With your background and resources I will be interested to see what you do with her. Have fun.

    Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

    RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

  12. #11

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Don't worry that will never happen. I don't like how vertical doors look on most cars. I like how they look on a Celica and then most convertables, but that's about it.
    +1 Few cars can pull of the lambo doors, but I do agree that they look nice on Celicas. But just incase, someone did put lambo doors on their subie and it was horrible. Here's the thread incase you're curious: Lambo Doors (pics included! )

    Also, I haven't seen you around before and don't know if you've introduced yourself, so and welcome to The Club!!!!

    Here are some links I suggest you check out or keep for referencing, especially because you mentioned plans to mod your STi, and our cars take to mods differently than others:
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

    Nice STi, btw!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  13. #12
    Registered User mike05STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Celica was about ready for boost... I've had my fair share of power. My family owns a speed shop and we have had a built TT viper, TT Supra that was turned into a big single turbo, and a few other cars. I've pretty much driven all the cars that we have had that had big power. I plan on modding the STi to make it faster, cause while it is much fast than the Celica, I've gotten used to the power and want more.
    Congratulations on the STi. I fly up to PA to pick up my rally blue '05 STi on Friday. I'm going to pieces with anticipation.
    I have a couple of questions...how much extra weight do those Lambo door kits add to a car (NOT THAT I'M GOING TO DO THAT TO MY STI, but I was just curious)?
    Next, your family owning a tuning shop and all, what made you choose the STi over the Evo, which is supposed to have a much more easily modified engine?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

    Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

  14. #13
    Registered User V8This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Congratulations on the STi. I fly up to PA to pick up my rally blue '05 STi on Friday. I'm going to pieces with anticipation.
    I have a couple of questions...how much extra weight do those Lambo door kits add to a car (NOT THAT I'M GOING TO DO THAT TO MY STI, but I was just curious)?
    Next, your family owning a tuning shop and all, what made you choose the STi over the Evo, which is supposed to have a much more easily modified engine?
    The vertical doors that I had on my Celica, I believe only added like 40lbs. Each hinge is roughly 20lbs (might be less, but deffinently not higher).

    As for chosing the STi or the Evo... I like to be different. People chose the Evo, for cheap (compared to some cars) easy power. I on the other hand like to take a challenge. I would rather spend more money and build something different than everyone. This is why I have always like the STi over the Evo. I have a thing for under dogs. Plus, I think the overall styling of the STi owns the Evo.

    When I bought the STi, I really didn't know about its potential. I knew that with the Evo, I could get cams, bolt ons, bigger turbo, and A/I and be up near 500awhp, but to me that is just to easy and as I said I like a challenge. When looking at each car, reliebility also played a huge factor. I have a few friends with Evos that have replaced clutches at 2,000 miles and other misc problems that should not happen. All of these factors added together led me strait to the dealer, I bought the STi from.

  15. #14
    Registered User V8This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    +1 Few cars can pull of the lambo doors, but I do agree that they look nice on Celicas. But just incase, someone did put lambo doors on their subie and it was horrible. Here's the thread incase you're curious: Lambo Doors (pics included! )

    Also, I haven't seen you around before and don't know if you've introduced yourself, so and welcome to The Club!!!!

    Here are some links I suggest you check out or keep for referencing, especially because you mentioned plans to mod your STi, and our cars take to mods differently than others:
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

    Nice STi, btw!
    Thanks for the welcome! I went through that thread and I was suprised that I didn't hate lambos on the STi, but I would never do that to mine. Also, thanks for the links to the modding threads, however I am a few steps a head of you :wink: .

  16. #15

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Thanks for the welcome! I went through that thread and I was suprised that I didn't hate lambos on the STi, but I would never do that to mine. Also, thanks for the links to the modding threads, however I am a few steps a head of you :wink: .
    Hee hee, well that's good to hear the you're already aware of the mods! I was just trying to "nicely" suggest to you that BOVs--while mad tyte sounding--aren't the best mod for our cars, because that's usually the first mod everyone wants to make to their subie. I just like to be the "pffft pffft" control police.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •