Proud New STi Owner! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Proud New STi Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH What kind of WHP gains did you get? None...

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    What kind of WHP gains did you get?
    None
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am running 17 psi on my stock valve and i am ok i know people pushing 21psi on it and are fine.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

It's a noise maker plain and simple, try and justify it however you'd like but that's all it is.
    Ok, I'm not disagreeing with you Brian, but doesn't a BOV keep the charged air pressure (when you let off the gas, between gears, etc.) from going back into the turbine blades (which I have heard can be hard on them), by releasing it into the air, or routing it back into the intake, or intercooler itself?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Ok, I'm not disagreeing with you Brian, but doesn't a BOV keep the charged air pressure (when you let off the gas, between gears, etc.) from going back into the turbine blades (which I have heard can be hard on them), by releasing it into the air, or routing it back into the intake, or intercooler itself?

Sure does, the same as the stock one. I guess that it does have something it accomplishes other than stock, it makes a cool noise. dawg!

I'm going to be getting the Cobb SF intake shortly. I know that it will just make more noise and not really do anything performance wise. However, it WILL make a cool sound, and look damn good under the hood. Call me a ricer if you want, but my car is damn near stock on the outside and I have the power to back up the noise.
    That being said, I'm still against a BOV. Unless you get an adjustable one (I think GFB makes one) and set it to 100% recirculate.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Sure does, the same as the stock one. I guess that it does have something it accomplishes other than stock, it makes a cool noise. dawg!
    Ok. Well if it has a stock one, then that's one less thing I will have to worry about. I'm still in the mindframe of the L28ET (turbo engine from 81-83 280ZX) that I am going to put into my 73 240Z. Those don't (no intercooler either).
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

wow i owned a celica too and bought the same color sti you did
    Last edited by jollib; 02-03-2006 at 01:32 PM.

nice STI man!

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by jollib
    wow i owned a celica too and bought the same color sti you did
    Awww, soulmates!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    I am running 17 psi on my stock valve and i am ok i know people pushing 21psi on it and are fine.
    Yep, I ran 17+psi on my old VF34'd WRX, no leaks, no problems. My resources are precious; I'd rather put engine mod money into something that makes it go faster, rather than a sound effect.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123