Proud New STi Owner! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Proud New STi Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Speedette Hee hee, well that's good to hear the you're already aware of the mods! I was ...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Hee hee, well that's good to hear the you're already aware of the mods! I was just trying to "nicely" suggest to you that BOVs--while mad tyte sounding--aren't the best mod for our cars, because that's usually the first mod everyone wants to make to their subie. I just like to be the "pffft pffft" control police.
    A BOV will be in the first few mods I do, but that's just the ricer within me coming out. However, down the road, I will need it when I raise my boost...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well since your used to Twin Turbos i think a sti twin turbo kit needs to come out of ur families speed shop... and it should be half price for people that posted in ur welcome thread.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Why the thumbs down? My first few mods will include the following:

Cobb TBE
    Cobb Up Pipe
    Cobb Down Pipe
    SF Intake
    AccessPORT
    Turbo XS RFL BOV

I'd say that is a decent mod list to start with. I will also be getting a Turbo Timer, Boost Controller and a few gauges to monitor everything. I want to up the boost a little bit on the stock turbo and plan on later on switching to a 20G turbo with different engine management.

I am sorry i must disagree with the bov the intake and the upipe.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

I'm sorry, I just think that things which are put on to do nothing more than draw attention are 100% rice. It's the same as tossing neons on.

It's the same **** as lambo doors, just a little cheaper.

I'm sorry, I just think that things which are put on to do nothing more than draw attention are 100% rice.

Well i think the line has to be drawn somewhere i think in certain cases a bov is useful but if your looking for big power and probably down the road looking for a fmic the bov will be worthless and until you get a bigger turbo u really don't need a intake or a upipe either.
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

I'm sorry, I just think that things which are put on to do nothing more than draw attention are 100% rice. It's the same as tossing neons on.

Well, eventually when I up the boost the stock system will need to be replaced. Unless the STi is different from nearly every car I've worked on and the stock system can handle higher boost without any problems (ie boost leak).

Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    Well i think the line has to be drawn somewhere i think in certain cases a bov is useful but if your looking for big power and probably down the road looking for a fmic the bov will be worthless and until you get a bigger turbo u really don't need a intake or a upipe either.
    I like to prepare for things ahead of time. I want to have all my supporting mods (or most of them) done before I upgrade the turbo, so when I do everything is there already.

It's a noise maker plain and simple, try and justify it however you'd like but that's all it is.

You're going to be running a maf based system wtih a vta bov. Great, you don't have leaks associated with the stocker, but you'll still have all the benefits associated with running a VTA bov on a maf based system(note sarcasm). if you're all about preperation for future mods you should have spent it on something worthwhile like gauges, injectors, a fuel pump. Something other than a show off valve.

Peachypumpkincheeks

It's a noise maker plain and simple, try and justify it however you'd like but that's all it is.

You're going to be running a maf based system wtih a vta bov. Great, you don't have leaks associated with the stocker, but you'll still have all the benefits associated with running a VTA bov on a maf based system(note sarcasm). if you're all about preperation for future mods you should have spent it on something worthwhile like gauges, injectors, a fuel pump. Something other than a show off valve.
    +100

Sorry I'm going to have to agree fully with Brian here. If you're looking for noise, why don't you just remove the silencer? Or invest in a sweet exhaust system (without cats for that extra 'vroom').

But you are new to Subaru, so hopefully you will do your research and change your mind. If not, good luck with the 'running rich' problem from your wonderful $200 kazoo.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    When I bought the STi, I really didn't know about its potential. I knew that with the Evo, I could get cams, bolt ons, bigger turbo, and A/I and be up near 500awhp, but to me that is just to easy and as I said I like a challenge. When looking at each car, reliebility also played a huge factor. I have a few friends with Evos that have replaced clutches at 2,000 miles and other misc problems that should not happen. All of these factors added together led me strait to the dealer, I bought the STi from.
    That just means your friends can't drive. I have about the same amount of miles on my IX with no problems, then again, I'm not a moron trying to launch at every stoplight.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostJunkie21
    That just means your friends can't drive. I have about the same amount of miles on my IX with no problems, then again, I'm not a moron trying to launch at every stoplight.

+1

Yeah, wow. I got 5K out of my car and I'm putting a lot more power than stock down and beat the living hell out of my car. Plus mine's not done, it just can't hold what I need it to.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I've got a Turbo XS RFL BOV ... Does that mean I'm Rice?????????

Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

What kind of WHP gains did you get?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.