Subaru isn't Buger King!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru isn't Buger King! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well everyone, it's been quite some time since my wife and I ordered her '06 Limited WRX (nearly 7 weeks) ...

Subaru isn't Buger King!

Well everyone, it's been quite some time since my wife and I ordered her '06 Limited WRX (nearly 7 weeks) with the San Remo Red exterior with black leather interior and 5spd.

I was getting anxious so I made her call the dealer that held our $1,000 deposit on the car. Last weekend she made the call.....salesman said he just heard that the factory stopped production of the limited WRX due to lackluster sales. We were not going to get the car, but he was going to make one more phone call. Needless to say, my wife and I were a bit P'O'd. I recommended she do a little online searching for the car she wanted....BINGO! We found one 1.5 hrs away in Sacramento with two additional options...short throw shifter and a turbo boost gauge.

Long story short, we went to the dealer Sunday while everyone got to enjoy the AFC NFC championships. We took it for a drive and I thought we were all set to begin negotiations ..and then.....My wife decided to try out the Legacy GT in a 5spd. The dealer didn't have one, so he offered that we take out the Spec B out for a spin....big mistake...my wife loved it...only problem..it doesn't come in any other color than silver metallic. My wife was willing to part with the notion of getting a red car for the Spec B.

We started working out the numbers and the payments were just too high so she decided to sacrifice the ride quality a bit and go for the Legacy GT in Garnet Red. After negotiating on price, the dealer said they would need to do a dealer trade to get the car we wanted, but it would only take about 2hrs....I HATE CAR SALESMEN!!!! We ended up going home without a car! 12 hours of our time...and nothing to show for it except that we would never work with that terrible dealer again in Sacramento. They were such liars that it made me sick. We were told there was only one Legacy GT in CA equipped the way my wife wanted (Garnet Red, black leather interior and a 5spd manual).

I thought that was a load of crap! So I told my wife to call the dealer we initially ordered the WRX from which is only 30 min from home and have them check their inventory...GUESS WHAT...THEY HAD ONE!

We are now waiting to pick up the car today...Monday's car inspection revealed the car's under bumper was scratched...I guess somebody hit a driveway too fast during the car's 11 miles. The trunk gap also looked out of adjustment...bigger gap on the driver's side. We were just told the gap still looks bad, so our salesperson isn't convinced the service dept. worked on it (he has no one to ask service dept is closed today). We are just going to take it home put some miles on it, and return it for the trunk lid adjustment later.

So, no WRX Limited for us...bummer. I guess the Legacy just fills out needs a little better. The Spec B is one nice machine....now if it only had 300HP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pics please.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Talk about bad luck. At least you got a sweet ride now.

I just saw one of those spec bs at a dealership. Very classy. Bet it wouldn't be too hard to get it to 300 hp.

The Spec B's truly are a nice car (500 made). The tuned suspension is noticeably different than the ride on our Legacy GT. We just couldn't justify the added expense of 5,000 to 7,000 over the price of our GT.

I have to say the WRX certainly feels more a like a true sportscar since you get a great feel for the road. The rear seats were a bit small if we wanted to take a drive with 5 people on board. The more we thought about, the more we realized we needed a car that was a bit larger, but still had a sporty look and feel to it. Our garage already has its fill of sports cars..
    1965 Cobra replica, 1968 Mustang Fastback, 1972 Fiat Dino Coupe, 1990 Mustang 5.0, 1997 Saleen Mustang convertible.

The Subaru will be in good company

I'll post some pics once we get the car and the rain decides to stop. Future mods are some window tint for now with perhaps a change of wheels(my wife's idea) I kinda like the factory wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Snax
    1965 Cobra replica, 1968 Mustang Fastback, 1972 Fiat Dino Coupe, 1990 Mustang 5.0, 1997 Saleen Mustang convertible.
    Oooh nice post pics...NOW.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oooh...pics of the Cobra replica please!!! What engine, and what kit?

Cool man. You can't go wronge with a turbo charged luxury car. Have fun explaining why there is a "radiator' on top of your engine. My friend would get that all the time because people have no idea that a car like that is turboed, let alone what an intercooler is.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Oooh...pics of the Cobra replica please!!! What engine, and what kit?
    +1 on the kit car pics.

I plan to get either the cobra, the dune buggy manx, or the pricey gt40 kit cars some time in the future. when I have enough time, and money. BTW the meyers manx can fit the wrx engine. (probally old news)
    Last edited by StreetSlider; 01-29-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice garage.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Cobra replica:
    427 Tunnel Port engine stroked to 482 cubic inches. Made 575 HP on the engine dyno. Must be close to 600HP now that the engine has about 2,500 miles on it. Replica kit is Superformance out of South Africa. Car only weighs 2,980 lbs thanks to the fiiberglass body. It feels like a 4 wheel motorcycle!

I'll need to dig around for some photos of the other cars. I may have one photo with the '68 and '97 mustangs.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

wow those cars are so hot, yeah two points for good things coming out of S.A.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Ok I found a photo of my '90 and a photo of the '68 and '97 from a car show I attended a few years back. Not the best pics, but I think you can see I love Mustangs

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Your Cobra is one secksay mofugga
    - Local Riceist

My mom would kill you for that 68 fastback. She had one when she was in high school and really wants another one. They're just too much money these days. What are the specs on it?
    Also, do you have anymore pics of the 68?
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast