Subaru isn't Buger King! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Subaru isn't Buger King! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; psychobooe, Sounds like you have a pretty cool mom The '68 was my first car and I got it right ...

psychobooe,

Sounds like you have a pretty cool mom The '68 was my first car and I got it right after graduating from high school. The motor is an original 302 4bbl with a C-4 automatic. The motor was rebuilt in '91 and isn't a power house...maybe 270 HP. I'm tempted to stuff a big block 428 in there with a 5sp manual, but we'll see...I have the Cobra around if I want to go fast.

I agree, these fastbacks are selling for crazy prices. Just look on e-bay. Fastback mustangs I used to see in junk yards are now fetching bids in the $3,000 to $4,000 range....insane.

I wish your mom the best of luck and I hope she is able to get another one. I hate seeing muscle car prices getting out of reach so only rich investors can get their hands on them rather than the average enthusiast.

I only have actual photos on hand, but I do need to get some digital pics of the '68 soon. I'll post some here for you if I get the chance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I appreciate it man. Also, I say keep the 68 original. There's just something about an OEM muscle car that I think is really cool. Besides, like you said, you have plenty of others toys to go fast in if you feel the need.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Snax
    Cobra replica:
    427 Tunnel Port engine stroked to 482 cubic inches. Made 575 HP on the engine dyno. Must be close to 600HP now that the engine has about 2,500 miles on it. Replica kit is Superformance out of South Africa. Car only weighs 2,980 lbs thanks to the fiiberglass body. It feels like a 4 wheel motorcycle!

I'll need to dig around for some photos of the other cars. I may have one photo with the '68 and '97 mustangs.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    <drool>

I Support ClubWRX
    If all works out in life I'd love to build an FFR roadster hopefully in the next 10-15 years.....something so unique about those cars even if they are popping up all over.

As for your thread I had the same issue when I went to pick up my Reg. wrx. Dealer said it would be no problem getting it, got the call from them, went to pick it up and it was a TR. Had a huge debate they told me the car I wanted wasnt even made blah blah blah. Ended up driving 40 mins down the road and got a LTD (yup ended up spending more money then i intialed thought). Walked in 30 mins before closing on a friday night didnt test drive it just sat in it, and started filling out papers. Went back that thursday took me another 30 mins and I was driving home. I had basically an hour tied into buying my new car and couldnt be happier.

Moral of my story is I hate dealer exchanges. If they dont have it on the lot I'm not interested in there crap.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Scooby,

What do you do for a living? Because I think I'm in the wrong line of work!!!!
    Even the Shelby Cobra REPLICAS are expensive.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Cobra replica:
    427 Tunnel Port engine stroked to 482 cubic inches. Made 575 HP on the engine dyno. Must be close to 600HP now that the engine has about 2,500 miles on it. Replica kit is Superformance out of South Africa. Car only weighs 2,980 lbs thanks to the fiiberglass body. It feels like a 4 wheel motorcycle!

I'll need to dig around for some photos of the other cars. I may have one photo with the '68 and '97 mustangs.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thats pretty dang nice. I'm very jealous. Building a replica is definatly on my to do list.

The rustang pics are beatiful, but what happened to the suby pics?
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Scooby,

What do you do for a living? Because I think I'm in the wrong line of work!!!!
    Even the Shelby Cobra REPLICAS are expensive.
    +1
    Blobeye Syndicate #25

I should have some pics of the Legacy this weekend. This is my wife's daily driver, so I'm at the mercy of her schedule.

I work for a mortgage bank as a loan sales analyst.

I simply made the decision in my life to get the Cobra before getting married and having kids rather than waiting until the kids were all grown up and out of the house. I figured why wait until I was too old to enjoy it.

Now for the hardest part since getting married........ trying to keep all the toys.

I should have some pics of the Legacy this weekend. This is my wife's daily driver, so I'm at the mercy of her schedule.

I work for a mortgage bank as a loan sales analyst.

I simply made the decision in my life to get the Cobra before getting married and having kids rather than waiting until the kids were all grown up and out of the house. I figured why wait until I was too old to enjoy it.

Now for the hardest part since getting married........ trying to keep all the toys.
    +1 for owning cool cars while you can .

Everytime I hear something like that, I think more and more that I will never get married. The girl better look like and have the personality of Courtney Hansen because at this rate, there is no way I'm going to let my wife make me sell my cars/toys. If she wants kids right away, she will have married the wrong person.
    Love the Cobra dude. Love it!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12