Short throw shifter help

This is a discussion on Short throw shifter help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am looking at a B&M short throw shifter. Anyone have one? By the picture I can not tell what ...

Short throw shifter help

I am looking at a B&M short throw shifter. Anyone have one? By the picture I can not tell what makes this a short throw. Is it just that they are not as tall or is it something with the linkage that makes the distance shorter between shifts.? Just curious before I buy one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why would you buy a short throw shifter for one of your first mods when a wrx already has a pretty short shift. just curious

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006
    why would you buy a short throw shifter for one of your first mods when a wrx already has a pretty short shift. just curious

why not...dont matter if he buy it 1st or 10th. the effects are still the same. Maybe he wants a shorter throw now so just help the dude.

I know on my brothers mustang it deals with linkage. Cant tell you too much more. Its a lot quicker (shifts)

Quote Originally Posted by bikefreax
    I am looking at a B&M short throw shifter. Anyone have one? By the picture I can not tell what makes this a short throw. Is it just that they are not as tall or is it something with the linkage that makes the distance shorter between shifts.? Just curious before I buy one.
    The portion below the fulcrum is longer than stock and the portion above the fulcrum is shorter than stock.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

As to why do it, I've got the Scoby short through on my new `06, and though it may add nothing 'tangable', it sure is a lot funny to fling through the gears...
    2006 WRX
    Soon to be:
    Cobb Stage 2
    Waiting to:
    blow my tranny so I can put in something better