EVO IX or 06 STI

This is a discussion on EVO IX or 06 STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright what I want is an all around car that is mod for mod way better and this car will ...

EVO IX or 06 STI

Alright what I want is an all around car that is mod for mod way better and this car will also be just a weekend car the idea horsepower is 700awhp which car will hold this better mod for mod and which will be cheaper etc etc..... not worried about the money just want both and cant decide need some UNBIASED opinions on which to get I know of a couple of guys in texas running 800awhp and with NOS 1000awhp with stock internals and treated t-cases. Any info would help please!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Evo.

+1 on the evo
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Sti
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

think a little outside the box...

1000awhp will require a full rebuild of your powertrain and drivetrain. STi's engine is weak compared to the EVO; the EVO block is very strong, but not 1000awhp strong, and neither transmission will handle what you want.

no matter what, you're rebuilding everything. so what you should do find the cheapest, most used EVO or STi you can find. since you're gonna rebuild everything anyway, there's no point in buying new. it should come down to price and body style, not which one has more potential. neither one has that much potential.

this reminds me of the guy who wanted the ultimate STi; i saw it on jack stands completely gutted. what's the point? buy a used RS, gut it, and you're at the same starting point, and with the money you saved, buy a used STi drivetrain. after that, you still have cash left over.

every once in a while, maybe 5 minutes out of every month, modding makes no sense to me
    Last edited by AngelBoy; 01-26-2006 at 09:54 AM.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

If you want 700 horsepower then get the evo. There are far more evo's close in that range than sti's that I know of.

Good points from Angelboy, also you may want to look for salvaged cars that aren't completed or need work done. that way you wont feel so bad when you're tearing a car apart to put a roll cage in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Good points from Angelboy, also you may want to look for salvaged cars that aren't completed or need work done. that way you wont feel so bad when you're tearing a car apart to put a roll cage in it.
    definitely, find a "fixer upper" POS and turn it into a monster...your starting point will be $5K-$10K instead of $30K
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by urbancowboy6221
    Alright what I want is an all around car that is mod for mod way better and this car will also be just a weekend car the idea horsepower is 700awhp which car will hold this better mod for mod and which will be cheaper etc etc..... not worried about the money just want both and cant decide need some UNBIASED opinions on which to get I know of a couple of guys in texas running 800awhp and with NOS 1000awhp with stock internals and treated t-cases. Any info would help please!!!
    If you're not worried about the money, then get an R34 Skyline GT-R. The RB26 CAN hold 600-700HP on stock internals and there are several out there with 4 digit HP levels. It is also AWD. Plus, you will have the exclusivity of having a RHD car!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    If you're not worried about the money, then get an R34 Skyline GT-R. The RB26 CAN hold 600-700HP on stock internals and there are several out there with 4 digit HP levels. It is also AWD. Plus, you will have the exclusivity of having a RHD car!
    +1, skylines have more of a drool factor than ferraris and lambos imo