06 Worth the Cash?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Worth the Cash? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been looking at the new 06's instead of the Srt4 (Dont Flame) i was planning on. My question is ...

06 Worth the Cash?

I've been looking at the new 06's instead of the Srt4 (Dont Flame) i was planning on. My question is are the 06's worth the extra money over the previous 2.0 05's? If I could get a basic TR for about 23k out the door, is that a good price?
    Theres one factor that is drawing me away from these cars.......they are hella pricey to mod!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

The 2006 gets 4 pot front brakes and 17" wheels the previous WRXs did not have.

http://www.edmunds.com/ << Check this link out for what a given car should cost in your area.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Damned04
    I've been looking at the new 06's instead of the Srt4 (Dont Flame) i was planning on. My question is are the 06's worth the extra money over the previous 2.0 05's? If I could get a basic TR for about 23k out the door, is that a good price?
    Theres one factor that is drawing me away from these cars.......they are hella pricey to mod!!
    An 06 for 23k... Go for it man.

While mods are expensive, if you pick the right ones in the right order you can make a lot of power for your money. That being said, if you choose to buy a $400 BOV and a $150 turbo timer, and a $200 cold air intake, then yes it gets expensive and the power gain will minimal.

Good luck.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I think the 06 is worth it (mine is blue with black leather) for the upgrades the car has over the srt-4 and the 05 wrx. The TR wont have leater, 6 cd, climate control, and a few other things but that's all really trival in the end I guess.

As for being ex*****ive to mod, I guess compared to some cars it is but again it really isnt. I mean for 2 grand you can build a heck of a daily driver. Faster then most average cars you'll run against and handle 100 times better. The stock 4 pots on the 06 could probaly put you though the windshield after putting some good pads on them. And we havent even talked about the AWD yet.

There has also been several people stating that in there 06's they have pulled or held with stock srt-4s up to 90 mphs.....try that in a stock ej205.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi

As for being ex*****ive to mod, I guess compared to some cars it is but again it really
    stop trying to put the Rooster in ur posts
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

get the 06!! i got the same blue limited wrx 306 has, and its the funnest thing to drive. Its dam clean and i swear every driver out there has been courtious to me. Noone has tried to test me yet, sadly enough...hoping for some soon tough

The magic 8 ball says yes.

I would definately get the '06. Mine has been worth every single penny, I absolutely LOVE it. So the srt-4 *MIGHT* be a little bit quicker, but I really think the potential for the car outweighs the difference. Like the guys above said, with some careful planning and good choice of parts... it would be pretty mean.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    The magic 8 ball says yes.
    I'm with the 8 ball!

you gotta do it! Go test drive both, like i did. 2006 is way better... IMO

1. 4 piston front brakes front, 2 piston rears.
    2. Better tranny and clutch
    3. Larger 2.5l engine in all WRXs
    4. New 17" wheels
    5. No cat in the up-pipe
    6. HP numbers are under rated, my friends stock 06 dynoed at 202 awhp. (on a mustang dyno, not dynajet!)
    7. Best of all... IT'S NEW, so you know nobody has drivin it hard! ( gotta love that new car smell! )

I've had mine for almost 3 months and have put close to 3 grand in it. I'm at cobb stage II and she flies! 100% satisfied with my decision. Well worth the money! Plus I got a 4.9% interest rate and I am 21 cause it was brand new! you tend to get a better interest rate on new cars.

hope this helps with your decision making.

I Support ClubWRX
    $23,000 out the door? Holy carp. If you can easily afford it, I'd go for it.

Teh '06 is a blast to drive.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

if you're in the market for a new car then definitely go for the 06. it has better bang for the $ compared to previous years. if you're wondering how it compares to the 05 read this thread: So, what's the skinny on the '06? ... i listed the differences at the bottom.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Welcome to the club!

The 2006 gets 4 pot front brakes and 17" wheels the previous WRXs did not have.

http://www.edmunds.com/ << Check this link out for what a given car should cost in your area.
    dont forget it comes with a 2.5L so the torque is incredible.
    you could run 13.8 supposedly stock.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at it this way. Swap out the turbo, TMIC for a VF39 and STi top mount, get a TBE, some EM, and your talking better than STi stock power levels. Can't go wrong there. Should put out 300 or greater HP to the wheels. Don't go SRT4. You'll be wrong end up on the finance in no time. They aren't holding their value to well from what I can see.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Look at it this way. Swap out the turbo, TMIC for a VF39 and STi top mount, get a TBE, some EM, and your talking better than STi stock power levels. Can't go wrong there. Should put out 300 or greater HP to the wheels. Don't go SRT4. You'll be wrong end up on the finance in no time. They aren't holding their value to well from what I can see.
    the only thing that would make it better than an sti is the tbe and em
    with that turbo set up it would be same as stock sti

so basically you could get tbe and em and be almost same as stock sti..
    IMO if your upgrading the turbo.. go bigger than stock sti turbo.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast