Looking into a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking into a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys, I have been lurking around on this forum for a little while now. I am looking to purchase ...

Tallahassee, FL is home... Memphis, TN for school

Looking into a WRX

Hey Guys,

I have been lurking around on this forum for a little while now. I am looking to purchase a bug eye WRX this summer after I sell my truck and get some extra cash. I'm not new to the car scene I am in the middle or restoring a 1959 Austin Healey and my daily driver was a 1968 Firebird (some suspension mods to go around corners) which is receiving a 440ci Pontiac motor and a Richmond 5 speed that was decomissioned when I went to college. Now I am looking to replace my daily driver truck with something that I actually enjoy driving the long distance between school and home!

I am really impressed with the WRX in terms of the quality of resources like with my firebird. I love cars that are fast and handle well it's the best of both worlds. I think that the WRX fits this bill. So I just wanted to say Hi and thank you for your great forum!

Paul Z.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After.jpg   1959AustinHealeyBugEye1 (Medium).JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club
    It looks like you've already got a very nice collection going. Best of luck with your bugeye search.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club Paul!

Nice cars you have there! A WRX sounds like a great choice given the needs you describe.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club!

I'm sure you'll enjoy a wrx as a DD. Sexy cars BTW.

That is one awesome looking Firebird. They are sweet cars to drive too. I had a 68 Camaro a few years ago, I never should have gotten rid of that car. Unfortunately it had the 250 six cylinder. Still, it was a great looking car.

later,
    KrustyTC

P.S. I just bought an 02 WRX, believe me you'll be VERY happy with one.

Welcome. Your other cars looks good, so it looks like the WRX will have a happy home.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Thanks guys for the welcome! Now I've just gotta sell the truck!! The Austin Healey is now in pieces down to the body and frame as the only thing still together... it sucks working on cars over college breaks! As for now I will continue to absorb all the information about the WRX so I can have as much knowledge as possible when I do buy one!
    Thanks Again!
    Paul

Well the truck just got easier to get rid of... it met a cinderblock building/satirway yesterday after I got lose on some wet trolley tracks in down town memphis. it went over into the other lane (on coming traffic) then I corrected got it almost back then it lost it on the tracks again and I did a 180 into a building. I was only going about 35-40mph MAX. Apparently a lot of people lose it there I just got further down the road than they did... luckily Everyone is okexcept for the truck, though I am GLAD I was in a truck for that! and so now I am waiting on the insurance company to do their thing. Hopfully they will give me something that I can work to so I can save up for a WRX now. Pictures to follow if ya'll are interested monday.From driving some legacys I am almost positive that the outcome would have been MUCH better in a subie!!!!

The hunt for the right car is on... provided I get enough money from the insurance company...

Paul Z.

i love the real bug eye!
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Thanks GIRex,

Now I've got some money to work with for buying a new car preferably a Subaru. However I doubt that it will be enough at 6K for even a GC8 RS.... Any one have any ideas that they have? I really want a manual transmission car with either AWD or RWD. A WRX will come soon enough!

Thanks Guys!

Paul Z.

Nice cars.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Might have found one!!!

I think I may have found a WRX but not sure if it's the right one for me here is a thread on it in another part of the forum: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...34#post1441734

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.