Looking To See How Much You Will Spend On Gas Read This
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking To See How Much You Will Spend On Gas Read This within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everyone, I don't currently own a WRX but looking to buying one soon... If you currently own a Subaru ...

Lightbulb Looking To See How Much You Will Spend On Gas Read This

Hey Everyone, I don't currently own a WRX but looking to buying one soon... If you currently own a Subaru and want to see what you are spending yearly on gas or are interested how much your car/truck/SUV is going to cost you I have a quick formula that you can do on the calculator... ENJOY

So take the amount of miles you drive yearly
    EX: MY 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L I-6

Then Divide the amount of mpg you get

15000-Yearly
    15 mpg
    = 1000

Then take the cost of fuel and times by the number you get and thats how much it will cost you for fuel each year.

Regular Unleaded Gas = 2.35

YEARLY GAS= $2350.00

EX: 2002 Subaru WRX 2.0L Flat 4 Turbo Charged

Premeium Gas 2.67

15000- Yearly
    20 Mpg
    =750
    YEARLY GAS= $2002.50

ENJOY

LOGAN
    Last edited by lwild17380; 01-24-2006 at 02:13 AM.
    Lift it and Fat Chicks can't Jump In

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'd say 15,000 miles this year and 20 mpg avg., but i think the past year's average gas price is $2.60 (or maybe more) so that'd be... $1950... holy crap. that plus $1100 a year for insurance is over $3000 just to drive the stupid thing per year. hmm yeah maybe thats why my bank acct. hasnt been growing as fast as i'd like it to.
    and for those interested, that equates to $8.36 per day, and we're not factoring in vehicle cost or maintenence. this makes me want to get a nice bike, haha.
    bryan
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 01-24-2006 at 01:34 AM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I Support ClubWRX
    this is an extreamly rought est. if you ask me. My MPG is either pretty high (when I drive normally) or very low. It is rarely ever 23, 23,23,23.....it's more like 23,19,23,19,18. It will get you close I guess through.

As for the "per day" price I figure if I want to go anywhere outside of town I should factor in atleast 5 bucks for the trip. I know to drive to and from work everyday it's atleast 5 dollars....
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.