Warranty?

This is a discussion on Warranty? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So when thinking about modding your wrx what are the rules on what you can and cant modify without F-ing ...

Warranty?

So when thinking about modding your wrx what are the rules on what you can and cant modify without F-ing up your warranty...im sure there are differences from case to case but anything you guys can tell me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well first off there is nothing set in stone, but the basic rule of thumb is if you alter the engine (TBE exhaust, reflash, uppipe etc) they dont have to (and most likely wont) stand behind anything tranny wise or motor wise. They can even argue if a Diff or something else goes.

If you put Sway bars on they dont have to warranty anything with suspension (ie struts springs ball joints).

If you cant afford to pay I wouldnt recommend playing. Althrough the wrx drivetrain is semi-stout it's always risking it when you mod a car. Good luck
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

well i read the cobb faq which said that an accessport is undetectable, but basically anything else, youre saying, you cant do without messing with warranties