My Plan!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My Plan!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello to everyone, I've been lurking around for awhile, making a couple posts in the car purchasing forum here and ...

My Plan!!!

Hello to everyone,

I've been lurking around for awhile, making a couple posts in the car purchasing forum here and there, checking out other forums, and so far I've found this to be the nicest and most welcoming of the them all. For that, thank you.

I'm freshman at Virginia Tech and majoring in mechanical engineering. I've always been into cars, just never pursued as much as I have recently. Forums are nothing new to me, and i'm well aware of the search feature that so many veterans emphasize to all noobs. I've been driving a jeep wranlger for the past 3 years and its time for me to have a car and I can drive back and forth to school up and down I-81.

I've always been a fan of the wrx, just never thought that I could afford it. Well i've managed to bank enough and save so that i'll have 12k to put down on the car, and the another 8 by august after landing an internship with northrop grumman for the summer. Now warranty is a really big deal to me so I don't plan on modifying my wrx at all. However I'd like for it to my daily driver w/ some pickup and then I plan on building a crx, from rolling chasis.

Wanted to know what you guys think, imput, criticism, and all. Just glad to be here, and hopefully i'll have my rex by May.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like a solid plan. get the rex
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Good luck(may things go smoothly)

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Speaking from experience, my WRX is still completely stock and I've had it for 4 months now. It still feels fast and pulls, and I still love driving it every single day! I definitely already have the modding itch, but there cosmetic things you can mod to fill that itch without voiding the warranty as well as make it more suited to your personality. Get some new wheels, upgrade the hoodscoop, add/remove the spoiler, tinting, install a navigation system...and the list goes on. Especially with a manual, you'll get the maximum enjoyment out of driving!

So go test drive a WRX to make sure it's the right car for you, but just a warning--you may fall in love with it as all of us have and then there's no turning back!

Edit: Oh, make sure you have enough money for the car insurance! WRX insurance is very $$$$$$$$$$, and on this forum has ranged from 150 to 250 a month with a clean record!
    Last edited by Speedette; 01-22-2006 at 09:40 AM.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

ive had a few cars/trucks in the past and i can honestly say none compare to my wrx. i love it and im sure u would too. 12g's is a great start towards a car. have u considered buying used? u could probably get a low miles 2004 for around 18. just a thought. good luck either way and welcome to the club.

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Hell someone on these boards picked up a local guys 02 wrx for 12k. ONly thing it ever had was a catback and it had been taken care of as well. But if you didn't want to go used that's a decent downpayment. I hate loans so if it were me I'd save a bit longer.

I bought my 04 used with 24k miles on it for $18,000 a good deal in itself. i had saved $14,000 to put down. its nice to know im not locked in for a long term loan. i guess i'll have to agree with brian.

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Welcome, you have a great plan!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the boards......glad to see someone saving money and putting down a good bit. I waited over 2 years for my wrx, but atleast I dont have to worry about the payment coming up each month.......save save save, but make sure test drive one before deciding.....dont want to build your hopes up so much that you'll expect more from the car then what it is.

And I'm a sucker for a stock looking modded crx.....one day I'll find a decent body and put 200 hp in it one way or another......
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Hey guys,
    thanks for everyones imput, I've test driven 3, a 2002, 2004, and 2006, you've just gotta love that new car smell. Yeah I landed an internship which should get me another 8 this summer, so I'll only have 2 to pay off. I can't wait. Jealous of you all, but the wait is well worth it.

i remember the days of being a freshman at va tech majoring in mech engineering. Long road ahead.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.