Hello Everyone - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Hello Everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Trainrex No, it isn't. An engine built by a manufacturer to use a turbocharger cannot function without ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    No, it isn't. An engine built by a manufacturer to use a turbocharger cannot function without it. It is a vital functioning part of the engine.

It's another way that insurance companies can line their pockets. I live for the day that someone steps in and stops the insurance monopoly.

Nothing against you personally, but you are incorrect.
    ^^ Finally ... the truth. Brian (ProUmpire) is only a pawn in the conspiracy. Insurance rates should be based on a drivers record - nothing more. Bookies give the odds to the team with the most potential (power) to score. Insruance companies do the same thing. You have more power? Oh, a turbocharged car is FAST! You might cost us more money. Pure capitalist BS.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-24-2006 at 05:20 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe go easy on Brian guys, I think he's got the whole OEM turbocharger thing a bit mixed up

I agree with Trainrex that insurance should be based only off of driving records and everything else is relative to your age/sex/location (???) hahah j/p, but general demographics and how much you're covered. I just recently switched insurance companies and I saved a lot of money. I'm not sure why there's such a huge difference but I've been throwing my money away for the last 5 years.
    Tim
    Admin

don't hate me for answering the question.. AGAIN... anytime a vehicle comes with a super or turbocharged engine... the insurance company is going to automatically consider it an uprade... and consider it in the quote... THAT IS WHY I AM AN INDEPENDENT COMPANY BECAUSE THE INSURANCE PEOPLE PISS ME OFF.. this way I can worry about my customers and not the people we quote from

later

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    No, it isn't. An engine built by a manufacturer to use a turbocharger cannot function without it. It is a vital functioning part of the engine.

It's another way that insurance companies can line their pockets. I live for the day that someone steps in and stops the insurance monopoly.

Nothing against you personally, but you are incorrect.

Guys... the turbocharge... I understand that you mean it comes from the factory... I get that... what I am saying is that insurance companies do not care if it comes from the factory or if you have jo smo do it aftermarket... if they see turbo or super in front of the word charge... you might as well be prepared to give them your money...

I did not make those rules... it is just the way it is.. and it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    Hehe go easy on Brian guys, I think he's got the whole OEM turbocharger thing a bit mixed up

I agree with Trainrex that insurance should be based only off of driving records and everything else is relative to your age/sex/location (???) hahah j/p, but general demographics and how much you're covered. I just recently switched insurance companies and I saved a lot of money. I'm not sure why there's such a huge difference but I've been throwing my money away for the last 5 years.

We're not trying to gang up on you, we're just trying to figure out why Insurance companies charge more for a very safe TC'd car with less power than other less-safe cars without TC's. It doesn't seem fair.

I guess we don't get it (fundamentally) because we believe the TC shouldn't affect their evaluations.

A TC can still be considered a modification to a normal combustion engine, which is what I believe Brian is trying to say.
    Dave
    01 RS

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the input Brian. I guess we misunderstood you and we can all agree that "stock" turbos should not be considered an upgrade. The insurance industry might have done so becuase statistics show that turboed cars = higher liability for the company.
    Tim
    Admin

that is cool guys.. no worries here... !!!!!

talk soon!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    Thanks for the input Brian. I guess we misunderstood you and we can all agree that "stock" turbos should not be considered an upgrade. The insurance industry might have done so becuase statistics show that turboed cars = higher liability for the company.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.