Hello Everyone - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello Everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome! I'll warn you in advance, if you spend too much time here, you'll want to buy a Subaru and ...

Welcome! I'll warn you in advance, if you spend too much time here, you'll want to buy a Subaru and turn it into a project.
    Dave
    01 RS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will take my chances!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    Welcome! I'll warn you in advance, if you spend too much time here, you'll want to buy a Subaru and turn it into a project.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProUmpire
    wow.. you guys must have a lot of those if you automatically thought that is what I was... I really am adv on your site!!!!!!! www.wrightinsurance.com

We are only in Texas but cover the whole state... I am glad to be here and more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the insurance field!!!

TAKE CARE,

BRIAN
    A lot? No not really. One is too many.

While you are here ... why does a car with a turbocharger get a surcharge that more powerful normally aspirated engines do not?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Simply put.. it is an aftermarket add on... and it scares insurance co's!

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    A lot? No not really. One is too many.

While you are here ... why does a car with a turbocharger get a surcharge that more powerful normally aspirated engines do not?

We like it though because we quote from companies that specialize in aftermarket!!!

even if it's OEM standard equipment?
    Dave
    01 RS

that depends.... plus... anytime you get a quote... you do not have to state the add ons.. here is why.... the 20/40/15 numbers that are on your coverage.... person/accident/property.... well as long as the property number is higher than your car is worth after the add ons... than your add ons do not make a difference....

Most insurance people do not want you to know that... because they are tyring to make more money!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    The AWD WRX has a turbocharged 227HP engine as standard equipment. The quote I got on my WRX was $400 a year higher than a non turbo 287HP 2004 350Z with poor rearward visibilty and RWD (not good when it gets slick). Which is the more dangerous car?

My agent had the nerve to say and I quote "Oh the WRX ... isn't that a race car?". I have since switched agents.

Sorry ... insurance agents can be dorks. I'm not saying you are one.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-22-2006 at 06:26 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX

Sorry ... insurance agents can be dorks. I'm not saying you are one.
    Dems fightin words!!!

Peachypumpkincheeks

The AWD WRX has a turbocharged 227HP engine as standard equipment. The quote I got on my WRX was $400 a year higher than a non turbo 287HP 2004 350Z with poor rearward visibilty and RWD (not good when it gets slick). Which is the more dangerous car?
    I know!! What's up with that!?!? Can you add some input to this one Brian?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

what do you need answered??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    I know!! What's up with that!?!? Can you add some input to this one Brian?

Peachypumpkincheeks

what do you need answered??????????
    Well originally 04.SPT.WRX asked:
    And you answered:
    BUT our cars come STOCK with turbos!

So 04.SPT.WRX mentioned:
    So why is OUR stock turbocharged WRX more expensive to insure than the faster 350Z (or any faster naturally aspirated car for that matter), when our car is just as safe as a BMW, but doesn't have as much HP?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

that is a good question... even though it came with it... it is still a mod.... anything turbocharged is a mod... insurance companies do not like it... I love it though... bring it to me.. heeeeeee... just kidding.. that is the answer though!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Well originally 04.SPT.WRX asked:

And you answered:

BUT our cars come STOCK with turbos!

So 04.SPT.WRX mentioned:

So why is OUR stock turbocharged WRX more expensive to insure than the faster 350Z (or any faster naturally aspirated car for that matter), when our car is just as safe as a BMW, but doesn't have as much HP?

I Support ClubWRX
    that is a good question... even though it came with it... it is still a mod.... anything turbocharged is a mod... insurance companies do not like it... I love it though... bring it to me.. heeeeeee... just kidding.. that is the answer though!!!!!!!
    No, it isn't. An engine built by a manufacturer to use a turbocharger cannot function without it. It is a vital functioning part of the engine.

It's another way that insurance companies can line their pockets. I live for the day that someone steps in and stops the insurance monopoly.

Nothing against you personally, but you are incorrect.

I guess it could be considered a modification of a standard combustion engine... But when naturally aspirated cars that put down much more power and aren't nearly as safe turn out to be much cheaper to insure, simply because they're "not" turbocharged... is just stupid.

also, no offense to you, but for insurance companies in general to charge more is just dishonest and unfair to the consumer, especially if it's a factory requirement for the engine to even function.

a turbocharger doesn't always mean racecar, it's sad that insurance companies think that, especially because they know better.
    Dave
    01 RS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.