Anyone with Cobb AccessPort near MA?

This is a discussion on Anyone with Cobb AccessPort near MA? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'd like to have my stock 02 WRX reflashed with the Cobb Stage 1 map. I'd be more than willing ...

Anyone with Cobb AccessPort near MA?

I'd like to have my stock 02 WRX reflashed with the Cobb Stage 1 map. I'd be more than willing to pay to have someone flash it for me. Is this a possibility? I know you owners who bought one paid some decent scratch for it, maybe you'd like to make some of that back.

thanks,
    KrustyTC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry home ill, it's a one stop pop. The AP has to married to the car's ECU. Even if you disconnect it, the AP won't reflash another ECU until you have used it to flash the current ECU back to stock. This process is called "unmarrying". This is why everyone has to BUY an AP.

Good luck on scoring a used one though.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I forgot all about that. I remember reading about making sure if your going to buy a used one that it is "unmarried". Guess I'll just have to save my pennies.

Does it make that much of a difference on a stock car? I don't have any big plans for mods right now, although I'm sure that will change in the near future.

My only "complaint" I guess is the turbo lag. I'd like to reduce the time it takes the turbo to spool up. Any ideas if the reflash will take care of that?

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.

later,
    KrustyTC

I haven't bought one yet myself, but everyone here says that it does make quite a difference ove stock. The best thing to help your turbo spool faster is to replace your stock uppipe. An aftermarket one will eliminate the cat and the restriction that goes with it.

Cool, once again thanks for the information. I hope I'm not being a pain in the a$$. Just another Subaru newbie!

Is an uppipe easy to replace or is it something I'd have to have done by a professional? I'm pretty good with mechanical stuff (I do a lot of my own wrenching on my Harley).

thanks,
    KrustyTC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyTC
    Cool, once again thanks for the information. I hope I'm not being a pain in the a$$. Just another Subaru newbie!

Is an uppipe easy to replace or is it something I'd have to have done by a professional? I'm pretty good with mechanical stuff (I do a lot of my own wrenching on my Harley).

thanks,
    KrustyTC
    IMO it is a tough install, although many here have done it. I had it professionally done. If the install is not done correctly, leaks are a common result.

The AP is worth it for sure, even stage 1. Stage 1 is not a super jump in power, but is more drivable and smooth with the power delivery.

If you start asking about which BOV to get, then you will be a PITA!
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-20-2006 at 04:31 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyTC

thanks,
    KrustyTC
    I haven't done it yet myself, but I looked at its location on the car and read the tutorials. It is going to be a real PITA. Should take around 8 hrs. If you're mechanically inclined as you state, you should look at the location of the uppipe and read the tutorials to make the decision if it is something you feel you can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    IMO it is a tough install, although many here have done it. I had it professionally done. If the install is not correctly, leaks are a common result.

The AP is worth it for sure, even stage 1. Stage 1 is not a super jump in power, but is more drivable and smooth with the power delivery.

If you start asking about which BOV to get, then you will be a PITA!
    No BOVs EVER! LOL.

I've already read all the information available on the forum about BOVs and will definately not be putting one on my WRX.

thanks again,
    KrustyTC