Question's about 05-06 STI

This is a discussion on Question's about 05-06 STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm planing on buying an STI but i'm unsure what year to buy? I plan on seting it up for ...

Question's about 05-06 STI

I'm planing on buying an STI but i'm unsure what year to buy?

I plan on seting it up for drifting and want to know witch one would be the better choice?

Or does it not even matter and im just spliting hair.
    Oh WeLl @#%$ HaPpEnS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You do realize that In order to set it up for a drift car you will have to modify the Center diff at the least, correct? Also that it would be incredibly tough on the drive train, Being that its 2x the power its made for...any way, there is hardly any difference, just exterior and very minor things

I Support ClubWRX
    Please visit the STi forum and read the sticky on differences in model years.

Also, as noted above, it will be a difficult car to setup for drifting (unless you are talking dirt or snow). It is, afterall, an AWD vehicle.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Drift cars=RWD STI=AWD. The only STI that competes in drifting is a HEAVILY modified RWD conversion, where even the radiator has been moved to the trunk, and ducts cut into the sides of the bodywork.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    And if I recall correctly, replaced the entire drivetrain from the tranny on back.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

"I'm planing on buying an STI but i'm unsure what year to buy?

I plan on seting it up for drifting and want to know witch one would be the better choice?"

A 90-94 Nissan 240SX coupe would be the better choice. Go find ANY drifting contest on TV and you probably won't see many (or any for that matter) AWD cars, but you will see plenty of 240SXs both S13 (90-94 coupes and hatches) and S14 (95-98) competing. If you are lucky enough to live in a country where they have the S15 (99-on) Silvia, those are a very good choice as well.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan