New WRX Fan from Ohio w/ ??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX Fan from Ohio w/ ?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I'm from Columbus, Oh. I have been searching around for sites and/or forum about Subaru WRX and I finally ...

Lightbulb New WRX Fan from Ohio w/ ??

Hi, I'm from Columbus, Oh. I have been searching around for sites and/or forum about Subaru WRX and I finally found one. Been reading through the boards just to see what the community is like and it looks great so far. I'm sure glad I joined.

I do not have a WRX right now because of money and deciding which year I want to get. I'm all about looks and the last 3 models '04, '05, and '06. Look very different from each other so I been waiting (not to mention saving money also.) So far I have to say I like the look on the '06 the most. I think it looks more sophisticated then all the other models.

Now here's my question. Which is also why I been thinking of getting into the tuning scene with this new car that I will eventually have. Would any of you advise to get a WRX standard and then build it up to 600hp car or would getting a WRX STi right off the bat be a better way to start?

The reason why I ask this question is cause I been checking prices between all the models and the WRX/STi versions and the price difference is 8k-10k going from WRX to STi. So why not spend the 8k-10k modding the car and possibly get a higher performance out of it.

Ok, that's it. If you read the whole post. Thanks alot. Its long, sorry about that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey, first off welcome to the forums!

So, your looking for 600hp??

Get a STi, hands down, even then it will be hard but if u get wrx you wil NEED an STi tranny, block, etc.by then you could have bought a STi and had all the other benefits.

So if you have the $$$ and your looking for big numbers it would be real smart to just get the STi.
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

600hp is alot to ask...i mean sure there are few out there, like big valley. But to the common man i wouldnt expect or try to achieve anything over 500 ponies.

BUT if you feel up to the task, most definitely you need an STI tranny and a built motor 2.5 or bigger. If I was looking for that type of power a 2.8 litre from crawford performance or a gruppe-s built 2.5 or bigger engine. Then you have to buy a gianormous turbo to get those numbers...gt35r. Then installation...tuning, your gonna end up wayyyyyyyyyy over 8-10k.
    Cobb Stage 2

Hrmmm, Ok. Well all those statements make sense to me. So one obstacle out of the way. Now all I have to do is come up with the money to buy it off the lot. Thought probably not going to get it till this decemeber by then '07 will be out and the price should hopefully be around 28g instead of 33g.

Thank guys.

Welcome. There is tons of info here!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

if you're looking to pick up a subaru car that's going to put down 600whp, you'd best start off with the USDM STi. You're going to wind up switching to that drivetrain or a more expensive dogbox.

Edit: and welcome to the club.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.