From muscle to rally - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on From muscle to rally within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yea, the vast majority of the sports cars I saw there were owned by airmen at Kadena Air Force Base. ...

Yea, the vast majority of the sports cars I saw there were owned by airmen at Kadena Air Force Base. Tons of Supras, RX-7s, R32s, and S13/S14 Silvias with a few older EVOs and STis. It was sweet. Driving on the wrong side of the road and the wrong side of the car takes some getting used to.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nah, getting used to driving on the wrong side wasn't as bad as I thought. But it sure felt awkward to shift gears with left hand... My wife on the other hand, hasn't got use to driving in Japan yet. I guess she is still trying to adjust to the environment where everything is narrow and small.

It sucks that Japan has driver's license for MT/AT or AT only... and my wife is getting the AT only license since she doesn't feel comfortable taking the driving exam with MT, which means she cannot drive my rex

Hey 06pasti, did you have a chance to take better pictures of your ride? Post them when you do.
    2008 STI (JDM)

2006 STi (JDM) Graduated

Renntech S-Class (USDM)

thats my sister giving me the finger in jealousy(she owns a 2002 v6 mustang)
    Last edited by 06pasti; 01-22-2006 at 10:50 AM.
    Gary

"I just lost a buck....to myself!!

looks good, congrats on gettin a sti.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Nice ride!! Just curious... what tires are those? Those look like the Kumho's that I'm thinking of getting once I put my summer wheels back on. How do you like them?

Welcome, Carbon fiber Driveshaft, now thats what I'm talk'n bout.

thanks everyone.

The tires are kumho ecsta asx.I like them but i would'nt know what tires are good for this car because to tell you the truth i've never had a car this fast before.I'm just used to doing rear wheel burnouts,but a nice AWD launch is just as fun(ok its 10x better).

A carbon fiber driveshaft does sound nice.Who makes them?I'm also looking for a deep sounding exhaust.Any suggestions?
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by 06pasti
    thats my sister giving me the finger in jealousy(she owns a 2002 v6 mustang)
    that's what I drove before I got my '06... you should convert her!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelF16
    Where in Japan are you? I was in Okenawa for a few weeks over the summer. It was sweet but I didn't see a single R34 the whole time I was there The area was nice (like a Japanese Hawaii) but didn't seem all that wealthy judging by the age of the vast majority of the cars.

I miss seeing Skylines everywhere, even if most were GTS-Ts or R32/R33s.
    Archangel,
    What were you doing in Oki for just a few weeks? I'm assuming you were an Airman (civilians with uniforms..LOL)? I was over there from Aug 01-Aug 02 with the Marines at Camp Foster. I did see quite a few Skylines. Most of them were R32 GTS-t's (the RB20DET). I saw three or four R33s and 1 stock gunmetal gray metallic R34. They are truly a sight to behold in person. A modded GTR is something that even modded EVO owners need to respect...they are NO JOKE.
    06pasti,
    That's a very nice ride. I like the wheels. What county is Red Lion in? I did a mapquest search for it and there is one in three different counties. I am, in fact, flying up from Nashville to pick up my blue ;05 STi in Wyoming, PA on the 3rd.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Archangel,
    What were you doing in Oki for just a few weeks? I'm assuming you were an Airman (civilians with uniforms..LOL)? I was over there from Aug 01-Aug 02 with the Marines at Camp Foster. I did see quite a few Skylines. Most of them were R32 GTS-t's (the RB20DET). I saw three or four R33s and 1 stock gunmetal gray metallic R34. They are truly a sight to behold in person. A modded GTR is something that even modded EVO owners need to respect...they are NO JOKE.
    06pasti,
    That's a very nice ride. I like the wheels. What county is Red Lion in? I did a mapquest search for it and there is one in three different counties. I am, in fact, flying up from Nashville to pick up my blue ;05 STi in Wyoming, PA on the 3rd.
    I was at Kadena AFB for 3 weeks as part of an Air Force Academy summer program. Basically we were there to shadow an officer in our future carreer field (pilot in my case) to see what the day to day life is like. It was a great experience and I learned a lot from the F-15 and HH-60 pilots. Most of the skylines I saw were also modified GTS-ts but the few R32s and R33s that I got to see were pure JDM bliss. One of the airmen that owned a highly modded R33 was trying to figure out how to ship it back to the states. I think he ended up having to buy back all the stock pieces to revert it back to stock, send it through motorex, and ship all the aftermarked stuff separately. Sux for him but I think it'll be worth it because that thing was amazing.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

she loves her mustangs.she wants an '05 shelby.the only mustangs i ever liked were the cobra r's.im not sure what years they were made but its the same body style as the 2002's.

hey mike,thanks.im in york county,(half ghetto,half deliverance).
    Gary

Wow....

I wanted an 06 STI in black but couldn't afford to keep the 3000GT and get an STI. So I had to settle for a WRX TR in whatever color was there at the lot...which happened to be Crystal Grey Metallic.

Definitely jealous, the STI is so sick looking especially in that black.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

let the mods begin
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

thanks.i like the blue the ones the same but the black one was a better deal and already had some mods.the guy that owned it before me put on tein s-tech springs,18" oz superleggerra's,k+n drop-in,and it looks like he tinted the windows.3,000 miles later he traded it for a new VW .The mods will begin soon when i can find an exhaust thats pretty loud but screams at wot.
    Gary

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.