New guy (I dont drive a subaru)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New guy (I dont drive a subaru) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone. I have just recently gotten into the tuning scene, and even more recently into the subaru scene. My ...

New guy (I dont drive a subaru)

Hey everyone. I have just recently gotten into the tuning scene, and even more recently into the subaru scene. My brother just got an 06 WRX, which spanks my 03 Hyundai Tiburon up and down the street. Thought I'd say hey, and see what I can learn about my brothers ride.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club. Hope you find all the info you are looking for.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Howdy & Welcome to the club.

Thanks Im really enjoying learning about subarus.

Drop a supercharger in that tiburon and you will own him. Nah he will still bend you over and teach you what WRX is about. Maybe after learning more you will want one of your own so search around and welcome to the club!

If I had the money I'd go stage 3, and then he wouldnt be a problem. Im still working on some N/A mods to catch me up to him, so I can at least keep up from a roll.

welcome!

have fun searching

Peachypumpkincheeks

Well when your brother sees you modding I bet he'll play catch up as well. Competition is the best part of having siblings!!!

You should have your brother join the Club too so when you guys race you can both post "your sides" of the kill stories.

Oh, and have your bro read this: "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's a great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Well when your brother sees you modding I bet he'll play catch up as well. Competition is the best part of having siblings!!!

You should have your brother join the Club too so when you guys race you can both post "your sides" of the kill stories.

Oh, and have your bro read this: "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's a great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    haha, but we all know how that turns out I'll tell him to join, and get those stickers and the license frams. Thanks for the help. Oh, and just a quick question, what type of bulbs are used in the headlights, both low and highbeams. Thanks

Welcome, this is a great place to learn!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Welcome!
    Tell your Brother, Congradulations on purchasing such a Great Car, the 06s are awesome

First thing(s) to tell him..if he cares about performance... (cause he got a WRX im assuming he does)

So before anyone asks...

BIG NOs

1)No Blow off valves! (BOV)
    2)No Manual Boost Controllers (MBCs)
    3)No intakes! (I-take?)

All my friends keep telling me to get those, and it just becomes a pain telling them why each one isnt good for the WRX...

But ya, get some pics up of both your Tiburon and bro's WRX... some side by side shots would be great to see =)
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by xfloggingkylex
    haha, but we all know how that turns out I'll tell him to join, and get those stickers and the license frams. Thanks for the help. Oh, and just a quick question, what type of bulbs are used in the headlights, both low and highbeams. Thanks
    Low beam use H1 bulbs.. Im not sure about the high beams.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!

Bulbs? No fake blue HIDs please. Check this site out for good info: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

Got my bulbs there. Dan is the man!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

thanks, I've already told him those are all big nos, and hes seen first hand what those mods do to a car. He raced an 04 (not sure) WRX that has CAI, 100% atmosphere BOV, and TBE, and he kept up with him just fine, stock. Also he got to see the guys bumper all blackend, due to running rich. and as far as the bulbs, he cant afford HIDs right now, and he wants a crisp white look to add a little luxary to the look of the car, so the fake blue HID type bulbs is the way he wants to go. I have XD5s in my car, with silverstars for the high beams (since they are the brightest halogen I have seen). Also, has anyone put LED bulbs in the place of the 194 wedge bulb in the headlight? Oh, and I'll get some pics, maybe tomorrow. They are just a little dirty right now.

EDIT: The stickers... are they like decals that you could put on a window? or is that black boarder part of the sticker?
    Last edited by xfloggingkylex; 01-17-2006 at 07:07 PM.

Hey everyone, this is xfloggingkylex's brother, just thought i would say hey to everyone and tell you not to worry about kill stories for there will be plenty win or lose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast