Oldest model still at dealers?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Oldest model still at dealers? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What would be the oldest models a subaru dealer would carry this year? 05? 04? Anyone know if they still ...

Oldest model still at dealers?

What would be the oldest models a subaru dealer would carry this year? 05? 04?

Anyone know if they still carry 02's. Silly question yea but you never know...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

I just got my '02 this year from a dealership.

Are you asking about new-car dealerships or used-car dealerships? It really depends on many factors, like trade ins.

You're probably not going to find a NEW '02/'03 at a dealership, but you never know. You just have to search/ask/look around. Some dealerships still have NEW '05's on the lot, I don't know any with NEW '04's.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Im sure if you looked hard enough you could find a few 05's. 02-04's are long gone by now..... Good luck
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    I just got my '02 this year from a dealership.

Are you asking about new-car dealerships or used-car dealerships? It really depends on many factors, like trade ins.

You're probably not going to find a NEW '02/'03 at a dealership, but you never know. You just have to search/ask/look around. Some dealerships still have NEW '05's on the lot, I don't know any with NEW '04's.
    Let's say used. How much did you get your's for?

Quote Originally Posted by t3nchi
    I just bought mine used this past Saturday at a dealer in MA. It's an 02 automatic with 48K one owner miles. It's in excellent shape with only a couple of minor door dings.

I paid $14,695.00 minus $5K that I got for my trade in.

later,
    KrustyTC

nope

most dealerships will be recieving the 07 shipments soon, so i doubt you will find a brand new 02-03 you probable will find new 05 but not alot, most dealerships have a big year end sell and discount up the but on 05 models.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by t3nchi
    Well I just got my '02 in October with 26K miles on it, superb condition. I paid 18 for it.

Well I just got my '02 in October with 26K miles on it, superb condition. I paid 18 for it.
    That seems kinda high...I just got my 04' w/ about 28k for just a hair under 18. Coarse I'm sure it depends on location and dealer stock.

Slightly off topic: I talked the dealer down quite a bit....He tried to come back at me with things like a short shifter being installed, but I stuck to my guns.
    I looked at a few online sites before I went to the dealer, I found what I wanted and took that price to the dealer. That way, if nothing else, you know your not getting ripped off TOOOO bad.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Chowderneck
    That seems kinda high...I just got my 04' w/ about 28k for just a hair under 18. Coarse I'm sure it depends on location and dealer stock.

Slightly off topic: I talked the dealer down quite a bit....He tried to come back at me with things like a short shifter being installed, but I stuck to my guns.
    I looked at a few online sites before I went to the dealer, I found what I wanted and took that price to the dealer. That way, if nothing else, you know your not getting ripped off TOOOO bad.
    Well, finding an '02 with minimum miles and in good condition is MUCH HARDER than finding an '04/'05. And yes, it does depend on timing, dealer location, and many other factors. I paid what I believed was reasonable. But just FYI on an inside connections note, I know that I only paid $500 over their invoice.

P.S. Never tell a person they over-paid for their car unless you are skilled in Brazillian Jujitsu and Muay Thai.

Well, finding an '02 with minimum miles and in good condition is MUCH HARDER than finding an '04/'05. And yes, it does depend on timing, dealer location, and many other factors. I paid what I believed was reasonable. But just FYI on an inside connections note, I know that I only paid $500 over their invoice.

P.S. Never tell a person they over-paid for their car unless you are skilled in Brazillian Jujitsu and Muay Thai.
    I see, I just misunderstood the concept behind the OP's post.

P.S. Not everyone is as touchy about the subject, and not eveyone is smart enough to haggle. I wouldn't mind knowing I got ripped off if it was constructive advice with a tactic to maybe avoid it happening in the future. But then again, I am a n00b on these forums, so maybe I should hold out to over 1k before I start offering any advise.
    Stock 04' WRX. Searching and Saving for mods.

Peachypumpkincheeks

I see, I just misunderstood the concept behind the OP's post.

P.S. Not everyone is as touchy about the subject, and not eveyone is smart enough to haggle. I wouldn't mind knowing I got ripped off if it was constructive advice with a tactic to maybe avoid it happening in the future. But then again, I am a n00b on these forums, so maybe I should hold out to over 1k before I start offering any advise.
    Well it was just a friendly heads-up from me to you, because although many people come to this forum to talk price, such as "I just paid 29K for my new '04 WRX, did I get a good deal?", they don't wanna hear "No, you paid too much." What they really want to hear is "seems like a good price" or "WRXes keep their sale value because they're a hot turbo car" or "sweet looking car man, you'll definitely be happy you got it!" People are just seeking affirmation that they made the right choice. Honestly, people will pay for a car what they think is pretty reasonable, so you can't tell them they're wrong. And most people that I've come across do get really touchy when told they paid too much...especially when they didn't even ask in the first place!

Just something to ponder...

Well it was just a friendly heads-up from me to you, because although many people come to this forum to talk price, such as "I just paid 29K for my new '04 WRX, did I get a good deal?", they don't wanna hear "No, you paid too much." What they really want to hear is "seems like a good price" or "WRXes keep their sale value because they're a hot turbo car" or "sweet looking car man, you'll definitely be happy you got it!" People are just seeking affirmation that they made the right choice. Honestly, people will pay for a car what they think is pretty reasonable, so you can't tell them they're wrong. And most people that I've come across do get really touchy when told they paid too much...especially when they didn't even ask in the first place!

Just something to ponder...
    Well, haha, thats some reasoning. You want to enstill false confidence in people who are looking for any assurance they can get it?!
    I bet you tell people they have nice wigs too.
    If someone asks me if they think they got a good deal, I tell them what I think, not what they want to hear. WTF is the point otherwise?
    Last edited by Chowderneck; 01-17-2006 at 10:25 AM.
    Stock 04' WRX. Searching and Saving for mods.

you might find a new leftover 2005 in some dealers but I highly doubt a dealer would keep a new 2004 around..it would kill floorplan interest numbers, plus I am sure they would have discounted it enough to sell it long before now. We havent had any 2005 WRX's new since mid summer and the only 2005's we had leftover at all after sept. were a couple of legacy models.

Used -- just depends on the dealer. we have some older models (97), but only keep a couple of those if they are in good shape and dont have any problems mechanically.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

as for the "good deal" part of this thread...

a good deal is a point of view and can be at any price depending on perception. Some people can pay MSRP or over MSRP and be really happy and think they got a great deal while there are others that can pay below Invoice and think they are getting screwed. Just a matter of perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Peachypumpkincheeks

Well, haha, thats some reasoning. You want to enstill false confidence in people who are looking for any assurance they can get it?!
    I bet you tell people they have nice wigs too.
    If someone asks me if they think they got a good deal, I tell them what I think, not what they want to hear. WTF is the point othewise?
    Well this is an enthusiast forum, so if we all tell someone they paid too much then they won't be really enthusiastic about their car. I try not to scare people away. If it was BEFORE they bought the car, I'd be honest. But if someone ALREADY bought the car, I'd like to be positive because they already put down the money...no turning back. And they bought the car because they thought the price was reasonable aka with in their expectations. If they thought the car was too expensive, they wouldn't have purchased it. A smart person does the research before hand, but no sense in telling someone that got a bad deal when they thought they were getting a fair deal. You can't undo it, so why upset them? And you can't possibly know the circumstances they are in! Maybe where they live WRXes are more expensive on average. Or maybe they got it from a top-rate dealership. Or maybe it was the last one on the lot. There's too many factors to judge. So why say it's bad when you don't know for sure? Let them be happy with their new baby! Furthermore, I was also letting you know that people don't appreciate comments about how much they paid (i.e. "You paid too much" or "That seems high") when they didn't even ask for your opinion in the first place. I did my research. I had my budget. I know I got a good deal on my car..it was very reasonable to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.