Got an insurance quote today:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got an insurance quote today: within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been with the same company for 7 years now and am 22 with a few tickets and a small ...

Got an insurance quote today:

I've been with the same company for 7 years now and am 22 with a few tickets and a small fender bender on my record. I called yesterday and found out today that its $424.40 every 6 mo. for the STi and $390 for the WRX.

This is cheaper than my 00 S2k was. What gives? I thought these cars were supposed to be expensive to insure?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im twenty, and it is expensive to insure, im paying 200 a month. no tickets since i was 17 either, and this is the best rate i could get.

the have a lower insurance rating than the s2k or rsxs, the lower rating, the cheaper the insurance... and with them being 4doors helps alot!

I Support ClubWRX
    It is very relative to where you live, credit histroy, and alot of other small things........overall the wrx insurance is fairly high
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Is that full coverage? If so, what deductables?

Yes, full coverage with a $500.00 deductable. I was paying slightly more for my S2k.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blowns2k
    Yes, full coverage with a $500.00 deductable. I was paying slightly more for my S2k.
    Wow is that cheap. Be glad you don't live in N.J. I'm almost 30 with a perfectly clean driving record, and good credit. I pay three times your amount.

wow. Im 20 with a perfect record and I pay twice your amount for the wrx. And your sti quote is still way cheaper than what I pay
    Last edited by felo3769; 01-14-2006 at 08:48 AM.

I pay 2400 p/year with a "clean" driving record (at least to the state of Arizona )
    Blobeye Syndicate #89
    http://www.myspace.com/qmansda
    2005 WRX, Cobb Stage II, Greddy EVO2 catback, Helix catted Downpipe, TurboXS Uppipe, TWM short shifter, Air Hog, Custom Carbon Concepts gauge pod with 2 5/8" Autometers

im 22 w/ only 1 ticket on my record and i pay 220 a month for insurance, thats 50 more dollars than what i paid to insure myself on a 2000 mustang gt when i was 18

I Support ClubWRX
    My insurance is pretty reasonable on my Rex - and definitely cheaper than my '96 Teg to insure. I think having four doors, good safety, and low theft (in some places) helps out with rates on teh Subies. New Jersey is another story.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Peachypumpkincheeks

Beware of this:

Sometimes insurance companies (i.e. Geico, Progressive) that insure you over the phone will give you an INITIAL quote, which sounds pretty good. But then they'll look up your record and that quote will change. So be sure the prices you're getting are the exact price you're paying when you sign on that dotted line.

Also, another issue that has come up with esurance is that they will price you a quote and everything will go thru at a great rate. THEN they will ask for proof of prior insurance and look up your record etc, then 2 months later your rates will go up.

I found all this out trying to get good rates. Mine suck!!! Good luck!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ Good tip. I know a few people that got screwed like this because they didn't do their homework. I'd pick a reputable, solid company over a cheeseball "discount" insurance company any day - even if it costs a few extra bucks. State Farm has been great for me.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    ^ Good tip. I know a few people that got screwed like this because they didn't do their homework. I'd pick a reputable, solid company over a cheeseball "discount" insurance company any day - even if it costs a few extra bucks. State Farm has been great for me.
    werd, when i got in a wreck when i was 17, my car got fixed very fast because i had allstate and they didnt waste anytime getting an appraiser out to appraise the damage or whatever, and ok'd the work right away before even the appraiser got out because they knew the shop it was at. noone could believe how fast it got fixed..i have had friends who have those cheeseball companies and it took forever....

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Beware of this:

Sometimes insurance companies (i.e. Geico, Progressive) that insure you over the phone will give you an INITIAL quote, which sounds pretty good. But then they'll look up your record and that quote will change. So be sure the prices you're getting are the exact price you're paying when you sign on that dotted line.

Also, another issue that has come up with esurance is that they will price you a quote and everything will go thru at a great rate. THEN they will ask for proof of prior insurance and look up your record etc, then 2 months later your rates will go up.

I found all this out trying to get good rates. Mine suck!!! Good luck!
    She is correct. Beware of Geico

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Wow is that cheap. Be glad you don't live in N.J. I'm almost 30 with a perfectly clean driving record, and good credit. I pay three times your amount.
    I agree, those are good rates. Im in about the same deal and I'm outside Philly paying more than what blownS2K is.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast