Got an insurance quote today: - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got an insurance quote today: within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That is a very good deal. That is a couple hundred less than what I am paying and I have ...

That is a very good deal. That is a couple hundred less than what I am paying and I have a perfect driving record. You are lucky.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ugh, add me to the list of those paying more than you.

You must live in middle-of-**** Indiana to be getting rates like that.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Gieco sucks hard. Andy, look for new insuracne man!
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz
    Gieco sucks hard. Andy, look for new insuracne man!
    I'm smarter than that. I don't have it, I just know how bad they suck from dealings with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I'm smarter than that. I don't have it, I just know how bad they suck from dealings with them.
    Ah, what insurance company do you have? I got a quote for a bugeye, and it was around 140 a month for full insruance.
    <--- Robert

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, what insurance company do you have? I got a quote for a bugeye, and it was around 140 a month for full insruance.
    Right now I'm with Highpoint. Not the cheapest, but I've never had a problem with them.

Right now I'm with Highpoint. Not the cheapest, but I've never had a problem with them.
    Cool man. I've never heard of them. I have Statefarm
    <--- Robert

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool man. I've never heard of them.
    They used to be Prudential.

this is making me rethink about getting a WRX...such high insurance!

does insurance drop when I turn 23 or 25? I'm a guy.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by t3nchi
    this is making me rethink about getting a WRX...such high insurance!

does insurance drop when I turn 23 or 25? I'm a guy.
    It all depends on where you live, your age, your driving record, and your credit.

im 24. ive got my insurance through nationwide. i pay $186 a month with 2 points.

whats wrong with them? i use them now and have pretty good rates. had them for about 4 months now, and i have done everything online without any problems. i left american family for them after i got screwed by american family when my truck was stolen.
    Blobeye Syndicate #89
    http://www.myspace.com/qmansda
    2005 WRX, Cobb Stage II, Greddy EVO2 catback, Helix catted Downpipe, TurboXS Uppipe, TWM short shifter, Air Hog, Custom Carbon Concepts gauge pod with 2 5/8" Autometers

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by v8eaterWRX
    whats wrong with them? i use them now and have pretty good rates. had them for about 4 months now, and i have done everything online without any problems. i left american family for them after i got screwed by american family when my truck was stolen.
    There rates are good, but they play too many games, and god forbid you ever need your car fixed.

1: Getting a ticket. Even if you are found innocent, or plead guilty for no points, they will raise your rates. I experienced that first hand.
    2: Getting in an accident. Even if the other car is at 100% fault, your rates will go up just for being there.
    3: Getting your car repaired. Standard labor rate paid by insurance companies to body shops is around $45 and hour. Geico won't pay more than $40. an hour. If you get your car fixed at a non-Geico DRP (direction of repair payment) shop, you will have to pay the difference out of your pocket. The shops that Geico does use are hack shops that cut corners to work for cheap. Geico will push the shop to cut costs as much as possible by repairing panels that should be replaced, use as much aftermarket parts as possible, and use as much LKQ (used) parts as possible. Used parts aren't bad, but still not as good as new. Especially when you own a car that's only a few years old. Aftermarket parts are horrible. They don't fit correctly, they don't hold up in collisions very well, and the rust much quicker than factory or LKQ parts.

To sum it up, Geico sucks. They offer better rates because they shortchange the customer. Price isn't everything.

There rates are good, but they play too many games, and god forbid you ever need your car fixed.

1: Getting a ticket. Even if you are found innocent, or plead guilty for no points, they will raise your rates. I experienced that first hand.
    2: Getting in an accident. Even if the other car is at 100% fault, your rates will go up just for being there.
    3: Getting your car repaired. Standard labor rate paid by insurance companies to body shops is around $45 and hour. Geico won't pay more than $40. an hour. If you get your car fixed at a non-Geico DRP (direction of repair payment) shop, you will have to pay the difference out of your pocket. The shops that Geico does use are hack shops that cut corners to work for cheap. Geico will push the shop to cut costs as much as possible by repairing panels that should be replaced, use as much aftermarket parts as possible, and use as much LKQ (used) parts as possible. Used parts aren't bad, but still not as good as new. Especially when you own a car that's only a few years old. Aftermarket parts are horrible. They don't fit correctly, they don't hold up in collisions very well, and the rust much quicker than factory or LKQ parts.

To sum it up, Geico sucks. They offer better rates because they shortchange the customer. Price isn't everything.
    good to know. i will be looking into another company then. how is allstate?
    Blobeye Syndicate #89
    http://www.myspace.com/qmansda
    2005 WRX, Cobb Stage II, Greddy EVO2 catback, Helix catted Downpipe, TurboXS Uppipe, TWM short shifter, Air Hog, Custom Carbon Concepts gauge pod with 2 5/8" Autometers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast