Is it possible?

This is a discussion on Is it possible? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is it possible that my 2006 WRX TR does not have a low-gas indicator LED?!?! I have yet to be ...

Is it possible?

Is it possible that my 2006 WRX TR does not have a low-gas indicator LED?!?! I have yet to be able to set it off, and it looked like the needle was pretty damn close to empty! Even when i shine a flourescent light on the dash it doesnt seem like something should be there, but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me? Anyone can confirm/deny with their own WRX TR?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the light is supposed to come on at approximately 9 litres (or 1.54 gallons) so you have to really really close on the E line (or right on it) for the light to come on.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

If you're that concerned about it just fill up a gastank and put it in your trunk when you're starting to get low on fuel. Then just keep driving until it kicks on, or your car dies from running out of gas.

low gas indicator

when you put your car in acc and all the lights come on have a look as this should turn all your lights on the dash on...it does on mine but im in australia.... good luck

my light on my 02 comes on when i have about 3 gallons left, which also coinsides exactly with E on my gauge.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

My gas light seems pretty inconsistant. Sometimes it comes on at a specific point, and other times.... no light.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    My gas light seems pretty inconsistant. Sometimes it comes on at a specific point, and other times.... no light.
    so then it's not just me...
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    +1, sometimes it doest come on until the very last drop. others, it will come on nice and early. . never really thought too much of it till now.

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

I have an 06 TR and I've only run it real low once but my light did come on...it was essentially on the E line at that point.

I almost got screwed because my boost gauge blocked the light and the needle dropped from 1/4 to E without much driving.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

I Support ClubWRX
    It's common in just about every wrx model that i've read about that once you get belew 1/2 tank it seems to disappear (the gas doesnt disappear the gauge just drops quicker). It takes forever for me to get down to 1/2 a tank but once I get below that it falls alot........

As for the light I wouldnt know...i try not to let it get below a 1/4 tank
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    It takes forever for me to get down to 1/2 a tank but once I get below that it falls alot........
    I get this too. I think it has to do with the sensor mechanism, it doesn't move much while the tank is full.
    Dave
    01 RS

On my '06 the gas reads darn near full until about 50-60 miles into the tank, then about 180 at half. Bottom half drops like a rock though.

mine comes on when it comes on i have gone 50mi with the light on going 80mph so when the light comes on u still got a lot of gass left!

Quote Originally Posted by darknyt13
    On my '06 the gas reads darn near full until about 50-60 miles into the tank, then about 180 at half. Bottom half drops like a rock though.
    SAME for me. Exactly almost. Today i did 276 miles on 13.9 gallons of fill up. Roughly 20mpg, i'm doing some "spirited" driving right now as im at the 700+ mile marker on my engine so im doing the hard portion of the break in

Drove 73 miles today with the guage still showing full.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.