Cant seem to find this on search...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cant seem to find this on search... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New WRX owner here, was wondering if ya'll could tell me around what RPM the turbo begins to start boosting.. ...

Cant seem to find this on search...

New WRX owner here, was wondering if ya'll could tell me around what RPM the turbo begins to start boosting.. Based on driving it (for only 1 week now) i would imagine its about 3500, but that seems a little high seeing as my previous car (GTI 1.8T) used to boost at around 2000, but i guess i have to remember it was a much smaller turbo running on a 1.8L engine rather than a 2.5L. So , 3500 for boost, confirm/deny? Thanks in advance, im trying to save on gas mileage here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

start boosting as in positive manifold pressure or full boost?

you will start to boos at like 2200 with up and down pipe more like 1800 lol but full boost is like 3500

I Support ClubWRX
    Boost is relative.........and also the 06 seems to take longer to see full boost. I dont have a guage on mine but I'd say around 3k your probaly right around full boost......but it falls pretty good on top end.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Boost is relative.........and also the 06 seems to take longer to see full boost. I dont have a guage on mine but I'd say around 3k your probaly right around full boost......but it falls pretty good on top end.

what you mean it falls pretty good top end?

Yeah, I am at full boost by 3k, but it tapers off a little before 6k rpms.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    the cars powerband falls on it's face on the top end.....when your rolling and nail the gas it isnt bad...but if you do a sprint up to 80 you can feel the top of each gear start to struggle......

What mods would take care of that problem then?

I Support ClubWRX
    A larger turbo is really the only way to make the car not fall on it's face...sure you could run stage 2 which will add boost in the gears all together...but the stock td04 isnt a great top end turbo.....it does have good spool charticstics...it's a trade off loose some spool time for some top end.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.