Hey!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hey! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought my 06' WRX yesterday. Traded my 01' s2000 for it. Been with Honda for so long and ...

Hey!

I just bought my 06' WRX yesterday. Traded my 01' s2000 for it. Been with Honda for so long and I thought it was time for a change. I chose the WRX instead of the STI because it wasn't that much difference am I right? But I don't know anything about Subaru's motors so its time to search and read lots of threads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxnerd
    I just bought my 06' WRX yesterday. Traded my 01' s2000 for it. Been with Honda for so long and I thought it was time for a change. I chose the WRX instead of the STI because it wasn't that much difference am I right? But I don't know anything about Subaru's motors so its time to search and read lots of threads.
    dam your way off!! there is huge differences between the two ,, do some reading and find some things out ,, you might be very dissapointed ,
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Major differences. But looking from a general point of view, its an upgraded WRX.

Still, Welcome to the club. With mods, you might be able to get your WRX to about STI standards so all hope isn't lost!

Unfortunately there are alot of differances between the wrx and STi. But, both are great cars that you will have a blast in. Congrats on the purchase
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Well, I've done a lot of reading on the past threads about the WRX vs STI's and whew...there is a big difference

I'm still happy I got the WRX though I saved a quite a bit of money. I would have loved to get the STI, but I didn't want to live paycheck by paycheck to keep it. As of right now I'm not going to do mods for 2 years because I want to keep my warranty and all the extra money I make is going towards paying my car off faster. I'm 23 and never owned a brand new car before. I've always been buying used Honda's so I was excited that I got my first new car and Subaru was my first choice .

It was funny how I drove the car yesterday, I've never had to worry about breaking a engine in so for some reason I though going past 45mph is bad. So all the way down the 70mph highway I went going 45 mph (during rush hour traffic). But as soon as I got home I went to the bathroom and read my manual So I know what to do.

Anyways, its true from what you guys said if you spend all the money to make your WRX faster or as fast as the STI then you should've gotten STI. Well I'm happy to be here now and I'm happy to be a owner of a Subaru!

Oh and btw, the only thing that I want is the STI's wing. But if I have to drill new holes on a new trunk forget it..."if its not broke than don't fix it" thats the saying right?

Congrats on the new car!

You could always swap trunks with an STi owner

Welcome! Your last car was fun too, but now you have waay more room inside!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Congrats on the new car & welcome.

Welcome to clubwrx. Enjoy the new car.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome....hopefully your theroy will hold out as to not modding your wrx....To be honest I think that's the way to go........I know the price difference in insurance and blah blah but if you make plans to mod it at a street level the sti makes much more sense to start with......if you plan on a crawford block and big turbo...then I guess the wrx intial cost difference will save you......oh well just rambling.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Tomorrow night I'll be adding some pics of my car. It would've been today but its been raining all day here in Florida. I washed my car for the first time on Sunday. It took me an 1hr and 30 mins to finish it (I know thats long but I made sure everything was shiny). Well after all that hard work I got hungry and decided to eat at Mcdonalds with some friends. After we all ate I went back to my car and I was in shock.... My car was a main target for a flock of birds that flew over and my car was owned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.