06 wrx baby bought 2day!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx baby bought 2day! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wsup guys, names alex, im 18, and i just got my favorite car Well heres some pix. btw i have ...

06 wrx baby bought 2day!

Wsup guys, names alex, im 18, and i just got my favorite car
    Well heres some pix.
    btw i have a question. Would bov's from any wrx fit on the 06 2.5l? im just wondering cuz i dont know much about awd turbo but im sure i'll learn tons from this forums.
    - It'd be nice if you guys didnt criticize my questions cuz im a Noob when things get technical with cars, but i do have some background. - Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to the club!!!

Congrats on the WRX, she looks beautiful!!!!

As per your question about BOVs, you might want to search a bit as this topic is covered in about one of every 4 threads because it is usually the first question people ask. In all honesty, BOVs are not a recommended mod for the WRX because they usually end up hurting performance. Some recirculating BOVs are acceptable, but your best bet is the stock one!

But just type BOV into the search button and you'll get atleast 1000 responses that will definitely answer your question.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

hey man,
    welcome to the club and congrats on the car. being that youre a young driver... we've all been there, please be careful. otherwise, here's a few pointers. before you spend any money on mods, search around a bit. i guarantee that any mod you have in mind has been mentioned on this thread. it will help alot. also, DO NOT put a cold air intake on your car. blow off valves are not a real good idea either. heres a freebie, if u take apart your stock airbox, there is a large plastic piece that leads into your fender. we refer to this as your "snorkus". its popular to remove this piece and replace it with a elbow. theyre about $40. this small mod will allow you to faintly hear your turbo spool up and increase your blow off a little.
    -mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

welcome to the club, sorry to see your first post involved you wanting a blow off valve.

thx alot guys i appreciate it. Deffinately i'll research. and no bov! Deff gonna find a front lip.
    I just drove around with it and it puts the biggest smirk on my face heh.
    - Another q, im goin snowboardin in 2weeks and im wonderin how it'll perform on snow/ice? Im not gonna be a total idiot and rally the **** out of it, but i wanna test the awd i bit. Just askin first before doing something stupid. Thanks once again

Quote Originally Posted by synicalWRX
    thx alot guys i appreciate it. Deffinately i'll research. and no bov! Deff gonna find a front lip.
    - Another q, im goin snowboardin in 2weeks and im wonderin how it'll perform on snow/ice? Im not gonna be a total idiot and rally the **** out of it, but i wanna test the awd i bit. Just askin first before doing something stupid. Thanks once again

Learning by your second post . . good

Be careful in the snow. Many people get overly confident in the car and wind up wrecking it. I know this because I was one of them and it cost me 1800 bucks out of pocket to fix. Next time it snows or rains find a good empty parking lot, verify there aren't any curbs and have a blast testing the low end limits of your car.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Yes, the AWD definitely out-performs RWD and FWD cars on roads that have less-than-optimal conditions. But just remember, it may drive well in the rain and snow, but you are still susceptible to sliding on the ice. Especially since you just got the car I would take it easy and make sure you break it in before really driving it.

I suggest you do some research in the forum on new-car threads and I hope you are aware of the 1000 mile break-in period!?!?!!!!!!!

But remember, when it comes to braking in the rain and snow, we're all equals!

The #1 mod is always the driver!!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    welcome to the club, sorry to see your first post involved you wanting a blow off valve.
    lol i am sorry too. Its Cuz i came across a cheap Blitz bov and thought" hey, that ssomethin i can actually afford rite now" lol. ya....im exited to drive this baby to school daily

awd, fwd, rwd all are going to handle relativlely the same on ice... or in better terms... they wont handle on ice. as for snow and rain, tires could mean everything. i agree with BrianH, find a nice open lot or area. be careful and test those limits. the car is only as capable as its driver.
    -mike

ya i shall.....take it easy cuz it only has 1XX miles lol. Yes to empty parking lot.

btw that snorky rremoving thing, will it void the warrenty? and whats a "elbow"

"Good first mods" sticky is where you should read up on. It's a list of first mods that you should consider. Save your money and don't even bother with bov.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Yea AWD rules on snow but not when applied through RE-92s. I learned this the expensive way as Im sure many others have. Now rolling blizzaks and enjoying controlled drifts instead of erratic slides. Not sure if the 06s still come with the much hated RE-92s though. Either way snow is orgasmic in a rex so enjoy it whilst you can.

ya i shall.....take it easy cuz it only has 1XX miles lol. Yes to empty parking lot.

btw that snorky rremoving thing, will it void the warrenty? and whats a "elbow"

It wont, but if you stirip a gear off in your car you're going to be SOL snorkus or not.

AN elbow will take and entirely remove the snorkus replacing the silencer with a pass through.

The only problem with this route is that you've still got the ram air type intake in the front of the car by the hood & when you remove the snorkus you loose its ability to help remove water from the intake path. The air box will still do a semi-decent job though.

the elbow wont void the warranty. here's a link to give u a visual. it sits entirely inside your fender. one end connects to your airbox and the other connects to the large flat ram air induction piece coming from your grill.
    http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/wrx_base...ntakeelbow.htm

-mike

i see, thanks a great deal. I prob wont mess with that for a while. ITs raining way to damn much in seattle. Perhaps i'll consider it in spring.
    -btw u guys are great friendly people, im loving this club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.