Can a Mustang guy be converted???? Time will tell!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Can a Mustang guy be converted???? Time will tell!!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't own a WRX, well not yet anyhow. I am thinking about buying one, but it will have wait ...

Can a Mustang guy be converted???? Time will tell!!!!!

I don't own a WRX, well not yet anyhow. I am thinking about buying one, but it will have wait until I read through this forum for a while. I am not new to turbo/super charged vehicles or subarus, but new to the WRX world. I hope to be overwhelmed by knowledge from this board.
    '86 GT 220k miles and still running strong
    -RAM clutch
    -13" Cobra Brakes
    -SN95 5 lug conversion
    -MAC shorty headers, Pro Chamber, & cat back
    -K&N Panel Filter

'85 LX Coupe turning 93
    -4.6 DOHC and D&D 6spd
    -Tubular K-Member
    -2003 Cobra IRS
    -Cobra Brakes Front and Rear

'05 F250 XLT, 6.0 PSD, Auto, FX4, Predator tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, coming from a 2003 Mach 1 to a 2005 WRX, I have to say I am not disappointed. I mean both vehicles are night and day difference. As a daily driver and driving around more comfortably with my children, it has gone well. The WRX rides on a decent chasis; and while stock, accelerated OK. I definitely needed to invest money into upgrades for the WRX to try and at least equal the performance of the Mach 1 when it was stock.

I still miss that car like mad. Had I not moved to the UK, I would still be driving it. I just felt the Mach 1 would not fare to well over here with the winter weather and terrible road conditions. Good luck.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I am an X mustang owner. I had an 01 GT and an 03 Cobra. I owned my cobra and STI at the same time. I have ran them both stock and the Sti is a lot more fun to drive. The only thing that I did not like about the Sti was the lack of pull at about 100mph. The Cobra pulled a lot harder and would walk the Sti. I can say this. I now own an 06 Dodge Cummins Diesel and I still have the Sti. I personally like the performance and handling of the sti better than a mustang. That is probably why I do not own one anymore.

I'm driving both, (well, not right now, have to wait till I get back from Iraq) and I love them both, for different reasons. The 'Stang you already know about, and readin will get you an idea aboout the WRX.. but you have to dirve it for yourself to really appreciate it.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I Support ClubWRX
    They are in different leagues.....you are comparing cars that are almost 20 years old, with technology that is 20 years newer. If you look at it like this the wrx motor is making more power in a turbo 4 cyl then any fox mustang (menus the 93 cobra).

The wrx can easily get in the low 20mpgs if driven easily. The awd will be worth it's weight in gold if it snows where you are. There are four doors (People hated getting into my 86 mustang).

There is a TON of aftermarket companies with parts. You can replace just about anything on a wrx (much like a mustang).

On a side note....is your 85 just a stock cobra motor in it or what? One day I'm going to build a FFR cobra and I'm thinking it needs a kenne bell'd DOHC 4.6 powering it.....I'm done dreaming.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    They are in different leagues.....you are comparing cars that are almost 20 years old, with technology that is 20 years newer. If you look at it like this the wrx motor is making more power in a turbo 4 cyl then any fox mustang (menus the 93 cobra).

The wrx can easily get in the low 20mpgs if driven easily. The awd will be worth it's weight in gold if it snows where you are. There are four doors (People hated getting into my 86 mustang).

There is a TON of aftermarket companies with parts. You can replace just about anything on a wrx (much like a mustang).

On a side note....is your 85 just a stock cobra motor in it or what? One day I'm going to build a FFR cobra and I'm thinking it needs a kenne bell'd DOHC 4.6 powering it.....I'm done dreaming.
    No the 85 has a complete slightly modified 2003 Cobra motor with blower. It is by no means done, but it is getting there. Once I get it finished I may have a few dollars to buy a new toy.
    '86 GT 220k miles and still running strong
    -RAM clutch
    -13" Cobra Brakes
    -SN95 5 lug conversion
    -MAC shorty headers, Pro Chamber, & cat back
    -K&N Panel Filter

'85 LX Coupe turning 93
    -4.6 DOHC and D&D 6spd
    -Tubular K-Member
    -2003 Cobra IRS
    -Cobra Brakes Front and Rear

'05 F250 XLT, 6.0 PSD, Auto, FX4, Predator tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    that's cool.....how did you get around the "pats" system (i think it is the anti theft thing) I remember a guy building a FFR car stating that he couldnt get around it with the ECU he was running. I'm sure by now someone how came up with a way around it but he wasnt getting any fuel or spark from his car........Good luck and lets see some pics.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.