Newbie buying 06 WRX tomorrow
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie buying 06 WRX tomorrow within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone. I'm taking delivery of a TR tomorrow. Crystal grey metallic with a 5spd. Car looks great and felt ...

Newbie buying 06 WRX tomorrow

Hello everyone. I'm taking delivery of a TR tomorrow. Crystal grey metallic with a 5spd. Car looks great and felt great on the test drive.

First question... First mod should be what? Any good FAQ's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

up-pipe and sway bars. But you should really get used to it and figure out what suits your needs for speed or handling.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wRxOne
    up-pipe and sway bars. But you should really get used to it and figure out what suits your needs for speed or handling.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by wRxOne
    Helix Downpipe/Uppipe combo sound like a winner?

I like speed and i'm inlove with the prices for parts compared to my SRT10 ram.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UtOhCop
    Helix Downpipe/Uppipe combo sound like a winner?

BTW Welcome to the club!
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

TheJ,

How do you like your STI? I was looking at one but it was 34K so i figured the WRX is the next best thing.

I Support ClubWRX
    TheJ,

How do you like your STI? I was looking at one but it was 34K so i figured the WRX is the next best thing.
    I used to have a 03 wrx and it was a great car. Then I drove a friend's STi and it was all over. My STi...
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
    Last edited by TheJ; 01-04-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    -The J

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello everyone. I'm taking delivery of a TR tomorrow. Crystal grey metallic with a 5spd. Car looks great and felt great on the test drive.

First question... First mod should be what? Any good FAQ's?
    First mod should be Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, Hankook RS-2, Kumho MX, Goodrich KD or KDW, Pirelli PZero Nero, Toyo T1R or T1S etc.

See the top of each forum for sticky threads and FAQs. Welcome.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    First mod should be Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, Hankook RS-2, Kumho MX, Goodrich KD or KDW, Pirelli PZero Nero, Toyo T1R or T1S etc.

See the top of each forum for sticky threads and FAQs. Welcome.

You read my mind SD. Going to keep the stockers till march or whenever the last snowfall is then switch to a very sticky tire. I love Nitto 555's but depending on price i would LOVE the BFG Kd's.

I Support ClubWRX
    You read my mind SD. Going to keep the stockers till march or whenever the last snowfall is then switch to a very sticky tire. I love Nitto 555's but depending on price i would LOVE the BFG Kd's.
    Bravo! I didn't see your state code and we have no winter here so I run summers year round (Avon; great inexpensive choice, and when they're worn I'm going Goodyear or 'Kook) but I can completely understand needing something capable of getting you around safely through weather for the time being.

After the thaw go for it though -- something really sticky is money very well spent I think. I've heard very good things about the KD and it turns in better than my current fav, the F1 GS-D3 from what I understand. Still, there are a dozen or more choices out there and there's bound to be something almost anyone will like -- I even forgot to mention the Michelins, for example.

In the meantime consider upgrading simple functional elements of the car. There is a good thread about HIR headlight bulbs floaring around, you might look at that plus you might look at other brake pads once you're used to the existing ones and get some use of them (they're new, they're paid for, so why not etc.).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'd say turbo-back exhaust (ie. downpipe and the rest), then rims/tire upgrade. I wouldn't do an up-pipe yet cuz we don't have a cat in ours already... leave that for later... older wrxs benefit much more from that.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    I'd say turbo-back exhaust (ie. downpipe and the rest), then rims/tire upgrade. I wouldn't do an up-pipe yet cuz we don't have a cat in ours already... leave that for later... older wrxs benefit much more from that.
    Whoops! That is correct there should be no need for an UP. I didn't make note of that fact that he was getting an 06.
    -The J

What's a good quiet catback? Hate the loud ones that drone on the highway

I just went up to the dealership so they could evaluate my trade.

SRT10 brought in 35K{Only owe 28K on it} and i'm getting the TR for 23,212 before tax, tags and all that other bull****. Needless to say i'm happy

I had planned on taking delivery tomorrow but friday looks like the day.

cool, congrats on the new ride.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.