looking to buy an 06

This is a discussion on looking to buy an 06 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I am looking to buy a WRX. I am located in the NYC area and am having a hard ...

looking to buy an 06

Well, I am looking to buy a WRX. I am located in the NYC area and am having a hard time finding the car I need/want. Its a steel metal grey 2006 wrx sedan w/ a spoiler thats it. All i can find are either limiteds or TRs, neither of which I want. This is my first time purchasing a car and I will be buying it outright. Can anybody provide any advice about how I should go about doing this? I have already called many dealers all over Long Island and NYC and nobody has the car I want. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i don't know why the US is running short of regular WRXs, but you might have to go out of state to find one... and even then, i've read a few threads from people in other states saying they don't have any either. IMO, your best bet is to put in your order asap and wait...i also don't know how many dealers are willing to pay for transportation to get a car from another state if you do find one.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    i don't know why the US is running short of regular WRXs, but you might have to go out of state to find one... and even then, i've read a few threads from people in other states saying they don't have any either. IMO, your best bet is to put in your order asap and wait...i also don't know how many dealers are willing to pay for transportation to get a car from another state if you do find one.

I agree, id just order the car you want, that way you can pick and choose the options you do and do not want. Good luck... and great choice in color.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

It seems I can't bargain or haggle if i order one....any advice?

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-purchasing-forum/

^^ Start by reading the stickies.

Welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by phibe1
    It seems I can't bargain or haggle if i order one....any advice?
    that's tough... you're at a big disadvantage with a car that's high in demand but low on supply. did you just try haggling on an ordered price with one dealership? if so, try others... if they're all not budging, then there's not much to do :S ....

i couldn't get my price down either cuz i pre-ordered mine back in august.. none on the showroom floor and they were still getting rid of 05s.... maybe you could get them to throw in things to make it worth your while.... good luck.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    that's tough... you're at a big disadvantage with a car that's high in demand but low on supply. did you just try haggling on an ordered price with one dealership? if so, try others... if they're all not budging, then there's not much to do :S ....

i couldn't get my price down either cuz i pre-ordered mine back in august.. none on the showroom floor and they were still getting rid of 05s.... maybe you could get them to throw in things to make it worth your while.... good luck.
    I basically just went for a test drive and the salesman gave me prices out of the book at MSRP....and I asked him the best price he could give me and he's like the best i can do is a few hundred that's it...so I gues si should just go in there and be like I'll pay $200 over invoice and if they say no walk out?

why get a ugly 06 when you could get a 05 sti with less then 15,000 mi for less then the cost of the 06? faster, looks better, and has mods out!

I can only buy a brand new car. Used cars are not an option. Especially the STi, if you buy one...it has to have been ragged on. You don't buy an STi and baby it. Plus I like how the '06 looks.