Nedd Some Ideas

This is a discussion on Nedd Some Ideas within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone. I am new with this site and I hope I am starting at the right place. I just ...

Nedd Some Ideas

Hello Everyone. I am new with this site and I hope I am starting at the right place.
    I just bought a 06 WRX Impreza and I wanted to get some modification ideas from you.
    First I want to keep the exterrior stock but I doo want to bring the horsepower up to what my hunger desires. I want to start basic and work on what I need. What should I start off with? I have read some improvement ideas but it doesnt hurt to get second opinions. I figure all of you at this site have vast knowledge about beefing up 4 banger engines.
    Any Ideas?????????????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

What you're asking for have been answered, talked about and covered so many times that you'll find the very things you need and answers for your question by typing the proper keyword. You just gotta know what keywords to use to search for your answers. Searching and reading up is the best way to learn in here, rather than asking questions, opinions or what not right away without doing or doing very little research. I'll tell you this, people in here who's been here for so long or have learned a lot will probably not answer your questions that have been covered or commonly talked about and it's for obvious reasons.

On this very forum, at the very top, there's a sticky called "Good first mods". You're looking for power upgrade, right? There, parts that are commonly bought and used are listed. It is up to your descretion on what you should buy and not buy. From there, search on the mentioned parts and you'll see why people buy them and why it's been effective or not so effective, etc. Also, read up on blow off valve, cold air intake or short ram intake, boost controllers as these are one of the few parts that have caused problems.

Hope this little tip on how to search will help you find what you need in here. This is exactly what I did and I've learned alot about my WRX! Also, here's a great FAQ from another Subaru forums. Enjoy your reading!
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 01-02-2006 at 01:05 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Use the "search" feature, and you will be enlightened. Look up things like BOV (Blow off Valve) and CAI (Cold air intake), as you will find that many people have them, but will tell you that they are a waste of money, and no good for your scooby. Also, look up items such as Cobb Accessport (AP), sway bars, turboback.... as these tend to be common upgrades for most peope. Eventually, you will catch on! Enjoy your car, and good luck!
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

I Support ClubWRX
    Howdy and welcome!

Read the stickies and search for a while. All of what you ask is already here ... and then some. The stickies will keep you occupied for sometime.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

whos nedd?

Thanks alot everyone. I think I will start off with the basics and let it build as I need. Its amazing how much power you can get out of this incredible little car.