Hello! (my horror story with a happy ending)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello! (my horror story with a happy ending) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my wife tells me that her mother's '90 Camry is dying a slow and expensive death. Then she tells ...

Hello! (my horror story with a happy ending)

So my wife tells me that her mother's '90 Camry is dying a slow and expensive death.
    Then she tells me that she thinks we should give her mom our '97 Corolla (we have that and a 4runner).
    And then she tells me, "You've never had a brand new car, why don't you pick out what you want to drive (I do 90% of the driving anyway...). I want it to be YOUR car, so I won't give you any input and I don't need to know anything about it until you need me to come down to the dealership to sign the papers."

So I did some research...drove a few cars...and decided I wanted a WRX.

I went back to the Subaru dealer and told him what I wanted (they didn't have that in stock, so I had them get the car from a dealer in Nevada) and they said they would have it there the next day. The car I had them get was a new black '05 WRX with automatic transmission, with NO sunroof (I needed the headroom). None like it available in the state of California.

It arrived the next day (Friday) and it looked like I was going to get one kick-ass X-mas present...until I saw the car.

It had water spots all over (not surprised, been on a lot for most of a year) and a 3" scratch on the driver's side of the hood. When the salesman saw it, he was mortified (he's the new guy on the lot). He said they could keep it until Tuesday and have their body shop guys take care of the spots and scratch, then I could come back in and make a decision then.

Needless to say I was a bit peeved at not getting my X-mas present until after X-mas.

So I show up at the dealership Tuesday morning, hoping for the best. Water spots gone scratch still there and now there are little white specks all over the hood . The salesman shows up and says that the building next door is being repainted and got "overspray" on about 10-12 of there vehicles...mine included.

The good news - according to him - is that they also had two other black Imprezas delivered in case they couldn't fix the spots /scratch on the first one. One is a 2.5i AT, the other is a WRX MT, both 2006.

Long story short, I drove away in my brand new 2006 WRX (MT) for the same price, with same options as the 2005!

...pix coming soon!...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OMG i think i just read this thread
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Cool! i'd rather have the MT anyways

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.