grr!

This is a discussion on grr! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well im so close to getting a black 06 STI, but the only thing in my way is my fathers ...

grr!

well im so close to getting a black 06 STI, but the only thing in my way is my fathers agreement. i have a $20,000 trade in vehicle, am being told a 12,000 loan will cost me only 300 a month wich is nothing. the sti has everything i need. and my dad agrees.

only problem is he wont let me trade in a truck ive had only since march of last year. i want him to co-sign so my paymenst can go down a bit, and we co-own the truck so he needs to sign that too.

anyone have any ideas to help me out?
    ~Ray

2004 Rumble Bee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well he's prolly seeing this from a father's point and doesn't want you to make any mistakes and lose money you know what i mean??? I don't know just my .02 but if you ain't really losing any money then i wouldn't know why he wouldn't help you out......

Sounds like your dad is just trying to keep you from getting upsidedown on the truck. What I mean is, the truck is worth less than what you owe on it. If you own the truck outright, maybe the insurance is the problem. I don't know what the insurance is for the STi either, but I am sure that its higher than your truck, regardless of how much HP it has. I am sure that your father has more experience buying cars than you do, so maybe he knows what he is talking about and just doesn't want to see you get screwed over. Or maybe he is thinking that you haven't even had the truck a year yet, and now you want another new car, how long until you are bored of the STi and want something else. I'm not saying that any of these are true and am not trying to be insulting. Be practical, look at it from a financial point of view, talk to your dad, look at the insurance rates, and don't get in over your head! Just my $.02
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

thanks guys. ima talk to a few people tomarrow. the bank, the dealer, and hopefully my insurance company. ima try comparing prices and see how it goes. i know most likely my dad is thinking "ohh hell gte bored of the sti too" and i respect that. i just gotta show how committed i am to this car. if i gotta wait lobger i will for the sti.

as for the truck. its completely paid off of. i worked my arse off to pay off that thing. the only part i didnt have in the deal was the warrenty... and now that i think of it that may be where my dads commin from too. we got a extended warrenty... 4years and 100kmiles or somethin to that extent. added a few extra dollars to the trucks cost that i belive my dad picked up without telling me. i need to look deeper into the financial parts and see if ill loose or break even.

thanks again guys, and still any sujestions and help would be welcome.
    ~Ray

2004 Rumble Bee

Just curious, but why did you get the truck in the first place? IMO, its a nice truck with lots of power. I hope that you aren't thinking that the STi is going to give you better gas mileage or anything, because you are going to be disappointed if you do. And I think that you are going to be in for a shock when you check the insurance rates for the STi. I am 28, and it would have been cheaper insurance wise for me to buy a new Vette than an STi. I wouldn't be surprised to see rates for an 18 year old (if they insure you at all) in the $3600-4800 per year range. Just a guess though. If you have any speeding tickets or accidents, well, pretty much forget it, they won't insure you.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

im getting the sti cause of its power, awd, and the 4 doors. their are other things like its sexy as hell, but i wont go there. i have no accedents, and a clean recoard for 2years. i live in mass, so insurance is rape anyways. just somethin about the sti that screams drive me. and the truck never had that. i got the truck cause i needed a 4x4 for the end of winter last year, and it was a cheap score.
    ~Ray

2004 Rumble Bee

You can cash out of many extended warranty plans. Look into it. If that isn't possible, check into transferring it to the next owner. I can't imagine anyone getting bored with an STi. Getting tired of it is more likely, with the harsh ride and noise. It's a blast, but be sure you can handle it on a daily basis.