im confused

This is a discussion on im confused within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok i know this has probably been talked about many times but when i search i see so many different ...

im confused

ok i know this has probably been talked about many times but when i search i see so many different opinions and answers and it jsut all confuses me. i have an 04 sti that i just got today. it already has an exhaust on it but nothign else. i was thinking about getting the k&n intake but some people say not to. i was going to get a bov but i understand thats probably not a good idea on a stock motor so im not doing that. what do you guys think i should buy for it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Have a BOV. best advie i can give you is: Just Say NO

I have a K&N Air Filter also, I'd say if you want to go for it but it isn't going to make much more power at all. Nothing noticeable for sure. I would go with other mods if your looking for more power.

I would go with a turboback exhaust, it will yeild the most power for the money. Then i would go for some sort of ECU or reflash. Accessport is highly reccomended around here.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Bov: NO
    Intake: you don't need it.

ok well now that i know i dont need an intake and should not get a bov what should I do? i was actually thinking about a utec but im not sure

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll give another vote for AccessPort, though my experience with it was with the WRX. Cobb makes good stuff. If you already have full exhaust, a remap from an AP should be good for (a Cobb-claimed) 350hp. (crank)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon