NewB got an early Christmass gift!! (pixx)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NewB got an early Christmass gift!! (pixx) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I could proudly say that I'm finally a part of rex community. Like many of you, I've been visiting this ...

NewB got an early Christmass gift!! (pixx)

I could proudly say that I'm finally a part of rex community.
    Like many of you, I've been visiting this site for a long time to gather all the info I could get on purchasing rex. I've decided to join the site recently (I should have joined long ago) and making my very first thread! BTW, you could tell from my ID that I live in Japan now.

Anyway, I was thinking about buying a WRX WR Limited 2005 first, so I went to dealers to see the real thing. After talking to a sales person, my choice was naturally shifted to a STi due to unpopularity of WRX in Japan. I did notice that all I see on the roads are STi's and hardly see any WRX's in Japan. Matter of fact, all I could find on used car lots were STi's... so now my choices at this point were STi or Spec C (not RA). After considering its resale value and comfort level of a passenger (my wife), I have decided to go with a STi.

I wasn't planning on picking it up so soon but the sales person gave me a great deal, which I couldn't refuse!! So after waiting for just 2 weeks, my mistress (my wife calls it) is here for me to play.

Hope pictures come out, I used my cell to take pictures so there're in a good quality...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STi 1.jpg   STi 2.jpg   STi 5.jpg   STi 7.jpg   STi 8.jpg  

2008 STI (JDM)

2006 STi (JDM) Graduated

Renntech S-Class (USDM)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

holly jdm!!!!! awesome....
    ::..Drive It Like You Stole It..::

Be Green... Stay Catless

nice
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

You are my god now.

thats sweet
    2004 Subaru WRX STi, Debadged
    FPgreen

Very nice! I'm officially jealous now!
    "Give a man a gun and he is a hero. Give a man two and he is a god!"

That's really cool. It looks like someone screwed up and put the steering wheels on the wrong side though. Are you going to take that back to the dealer to get fixed??
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    That's really cool. It looks like someone screwed up and put the steering wheels on the wrong side though. Are you going to take that back to the dealer to get fixed??
    I was thinking the same thing, you might have some serious problems with that steering wheel on that side. Anyways nice ride

He used a mirror to take the pic guys! GOSH!

Congratz on the purchase! Is that a LCD i see? Navigation maybe???
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

looks pretty sweet.....but i don't think i could make the switch to driving from the passenger's seat.

Thank you all for the comments.

Yeah, I guess I should go back to the dealer and tell them to put the steering on a right side!!

No, but seriously, I was having tough time getting use to driving from the passenger seat. On top of that, I had to drive on the other side of the road... you don't know how many times I was driving on wrong side of the road when I first started to drive around here.

Now that I got use to driving on Japanese roads, it confuses me every time I had to drive in the states for business trips...

Anyhow, does anyone know the difference in performance of USDM and JDM STi?? A JDM WRX produces a bit more power then a USDM WRX, right? But for the STi, USDM makes more power then JDM. I wonder how much difference a 0.5L could make in its performance?? USDM makes 300 horses and 300 torque, and JDM makes 280 horses and 310 torque(43.1kgm x 7.23). I would like to see a JDM going against USDM for fun.
    2008 STI (JDM)

2006 STi (JDM) Graduated

Renntech S-Class (USDM)

I beleive the JDM would kick some serious ass. Doesn't the JDM run up in th 8-9K RPM range?

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy72233
    I beleive the JDM would kick some serious ass. Doesn't the JDM run up in th 8-9K RPM range?
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

Your cell takes pretty good pictures, congrats on the new ride.

Nice car!! I have one question though. Why aren't wrxs popular in Japan?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.