NewB got an early Christmass gift!! (pixx) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on NewB got an early Christmass gift!! (pixx) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by STIinJapan I could proudly say that I'm finally a part of rex community. Like many of you, ...

Quote Originally Posted by STIinJapan
    I could proudly say that I'm finally a part of rex community.
    Like many of you, I've been visiting this site for a long time to gather all the info I could get on purchasing rex. I've decided to join the site recently (I should have joined long ago) and making my very first thread! BTW, you could tell from my ID that I live in Japan now.

Anyway, I was thinking about buying a WRX WR Limited 2005 first, so I went to dealers to see the real thing. After talking to a sales person, my choice was naturally shifted to a STi due to unpopularity of WRX in Japan. I did notice that all I see on the roads are STi's and hardly see any WRX's in Japan. Matter of fact, all I could find on used car lots were STi's... so now my choices at this point were STi or Spec C (not RA). After considering its resale value and comfort level of a passenger (my wife), I have decided to go with a STi.

I wasn't planning on picking it up so soon but the sales person gave me a great deal, which I couldn't refuse!! So after waiting for just 2 weeks, my mistress (my wife calls it) is here for me to play.

Hope pictures come out, I used my cell to take pictures so there're in a good quality...
    Santa put the drivers seat (weel, brakes, ec..) on the wrong side!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it's jdm yo.

evil02wrx: Nice car!! I have one question though. Why aren't wrxs popular in Japan?

Well, this is just my take on the sales of WRX in Japan, but here it goes;

It seems to me that every auto magazines (including Impreza and subaru magazine) and other auto related media only talks about STi's. As a result, WRX won't see much of a light here. I do see some magazines mentioning WRX once in a while, but it's all to tell people that there's a water down version of a STi for those who doesn't need STi's performance. Of course, there's WRC influence as well, but when the STi gets promoted so highly, people generally have a negative image about WRX.

It should have been like in the states. Promote the base model to show how great the car is, then offer the high performance version for those who want more.

A sales person told me the following when I asked the exact question to him while I was purchasing my ca: "Japanese people tends to buy the best model of any vehicles. There's definitely a show off factor here, but more so, we value our cars more then people in other countries. That's why all the cars here are clean and well taken care of... but I guess showing off is more like it... "

I hope this could explain a bit about the situation here in Japan.
    2008 STI (JDM)

2006 STi (JDM) Graduated

Renntech S-Class (USDM)

WOW!! that is sooo nice man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12