Just saying hi

This is a discussion on Just saying hi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently seriously thought about buying an STI so I started to look around and came up on this site. ...

Smile Just saying hi

I recently seriously thought about buying an STI so I started to look around and came up on this site. Nice site you have here and it's nice to see a lot of people enjoying the car as much as I hope to in the future. I don't know all that much about cars and if you asked me what a car is by looking at the tail lights I couldnt tell you. But I still have many years ahead of me to learn.

Past info:

I started looking into the Subaru Impreza WRX about a year ago. My friend always talked about the STI while his cousin talked about EVO. I started to look into both of them and they both seemed the same besides the fact that I found the STI to be...well...better. Looks better, sounds better, and feels better(I have only sat in a friends 04 STI). Considering I have only driven, and failed miserably, a stick once I pushed it out of my mind in getting one. At the time I drove a 01 ford ranger pickup(yes I know, but it was my first car and I still liked it). I liked it untill I got a true car which I am driving today. A 2005Hyundai Tiburon GT. Now I know its not a STI or WRX (with only 170 hp and torque *cries*) but it was a car none the less and I learned how much fun a car can be. I started to think about putting a stage 2 supercharger in it but the fact is I would rather save my money to buy my first stick car. I am sick of not being able to control the power of my car accurately. To down shift I have to completely let go of the gas and slam on it again to gain some good speed. The auto shifter thing isnt much of a manual thing either considering after a few times of my car jerking like crazy when I shift I found out that you need to shift WHILE accelerating...that was a joke.

As for now, I recently raced, for fun,a misubishi eclipse (stock) and lost. Even with losing I felt the need for more power. I don't want an STINow that I am old enough to accualy buy a car on my own I figured I might as well buy one worth buying.

I don't know if I will accualy race again but thats not the only reason I am looking to get a new car. With fwd, I still continue to slide all over the road with rain or snow. Living in Illinois means not that much snow but enough rain to make even my old pickup hydroplane. My car is just plain not cutting it(besides the ocational drifting in the snow ).

So thats my life story and I am hoping to stick around to get to know more about the WRX/STI and everyone here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome the ClubWRX!!!

There is so much to learn here, definitely look around! There is some great technical advice to be found here but it is also an enthusiast forum so there's lots of goofy stuff as well!

Good luck with your search for your very own Subaru, I'm sure you won't regret it! Just make sure to do your research first (definitely check out the "Car Purchasing Forum" here). We'll be happy to answer any questions or give you any insight.

FYI: My first stick car was my WRX also. Had never even driven a manual until I got my WRX! It just takes practice and a lot of patience! Helps if you know someone that drives stick too that can coach you a bit. I got my WRX on a Thursday night, and practiced as much as I could that weekend. I was able to drive it to work Monday morning in rush hour traffic! It's been two months now and I'm almost an expert! (Almost.) I'm sure you could do it to.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Thanks, I do have a friend that is good at teaching me about cars.(before I knew him, I didn't even know how to fill up a gas tank let alone know the basics of driving stick.) He taught me and his cousin how to drive stick. Because of that, his cousin now has a used porche carrera.(he planned to get an EVO but get a good deal on the porche) He has...had a golf gti show car that was stick which he used to teach both of us. I feel like an idiot though considering he is only 16 and I am 18.

Oh and I will check the car purchacing forums, and thanks again for the advice.

Peachypumpkincheeks

It's never too late to learn! I'm already 23 and my boyfriend (who is only 20) had to teach me!
    But he tried to teach me first on his vette ....I suggest a much easier car to learn on (for me it was the WRX).
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Welcome. It sounds like you are well into the right path!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

whats up man. getting a wrx or sti is a good idea in my opinion. i have driven many cars and not one put a smile on my face like the sti did , well besides me and my dads zo6 but that doesnt count. learning stick is a good idea. I love it and wouldnt want an auto unless it was a truck. you will learn it if you really want. i learned when i was 15 on my friends gti. you should learn on some one elses car maybe. but make sure your bigger than them in case you break something jk good luck with everything